wanna add subs and amp? wat do i need
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on wanna add subs and amp? wat do i need within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; wat do i need so that the subs and amp wont take up all my power? i dont wany my ...

wanna add subs and amp? wat do i need

wat do i need so that the subs and amp wont take up all my power? i dont wany my headlights to get dimmer and all that stuff

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

a capacitor...

A capacitor will only help somewhat. I added a capacitor to my car and it helped a little bit, but the best solution is to get a higher output alternator and a better battery. Also, make sure you have large diameter (low gauge) power wire, especially from alternator to battery, battery to ground, and battery to amp.
    How many watts are you running?
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

the stock alt/bat should be suffiencient. I'm running a car pc and 2 1000W mono amps... I did have the headlight dimmage, but after a cap its fine.

Originally posted by f1ce
    the stock alt/bat should be suffiencient. I'm running a car pc and 2 1000W mono amps... I did have the headlight dimmage, but after a cap its fine.
    I agree with this.

But more to the point, it depends on how much power that you want to add. If you are staying below 300W then you proabably don't need to do anything(well other than good wiring anyway). If you are approaching 1000W then a cap is gonna be a good idea. All the stuff that Franz was talking about is a good idea too.

A slightly smaller pulley on the alternator would effectively increase the RPMs and keep its output up a bit at idle speeds. But this may very slightly decrease you MTBCF for the alternator if you high rev regularaly. Probably won't be noticable though.
    Mmmmm Kitty,,, the other red meat.

Please note: no cats were harmed in any way during the making of this post. But there is always later.

I believe the capacitor is only to filter out spikes and keep a steady flow of electric to the system, but doesn't do anything for power for the rest of the car.
    If your system is really that LOUD that it will bog down your electrical current. Then you should look at a bigger battery, or a bigger alternator.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.