HKS TT is too bright

This is a discussion on HKS TT is too bright within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just installed an HKS turbo timer and I'm happy with it except for one thing, at night it's just ...

Question HKS TT is too bright

I just installed an HKS turbo timer and I'm happy with it except for one thing, at night it's just too damn bright. 4 blue led's, I'm wondering if anyone has any tricks to dim it. Disconnecting/unsoldering a couple of them or wiring in a switch? I haven't opened the TT up yet, just want to get some ideas first. Thanks
    Orange cones fear me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

open it up and solder an appropriate value ohm resistor(depends what type of LED-not shure) to the LED power source until its dim enough for you. you you can go all out and wire a variable resistor(dimmer switch) and adjust output at any time. this may void your warantee though.
    1997 Nissan Maxima 5-speed, Nitrous

Move it somewhere where's it's not so visible... mine's in my glovebox :P
    03 WRB WRX

i have the same timer and its mounted on the steering wheel. it doesnt bother me much. i think the brightness is ok-its really visible. sometimes i would drive on a pitch-black road/street and from the outside it illuminates my face >>>
    my only wish is to have the stock gauges to illuminate a blue lite like the timer so when i get my gauges (boost, temp, etc) its all color-schemed

i just put mine in today too, it is way too bright and I have it sitting where the ash tray is.

I think i might buy some 5% tint and cover it with that.

what do you guys think?
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler