Seatbelt noise. Help!

This is a discussion on Seatbelt noise. Help! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Whenever I pull on my seatbelt to put it on, the friction of the belt going through the loop makes ...

Question Seatbelt noise. Help!

Whenever I pull on my seatbelt to put it on, the friction of the belt going through the loop makes a really loud squeal. The passenger side doesn't do this. I was wondering if this is just from wear and tear or if there are any solutions. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    "You have a sunburn, mmm, like chokolada, ahhh, it's you, me and Pina Colada."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Mine does the exact same thing! Bump
    2002 Aspen White:

AVO Turbo-back, AVO TMIC, AVO BOV, AVO Short RAM Intake, AVO 15lb Wastegate Actuator, 225/45/17 Toyo Proxes 4 tires on 17x7 ADR wheels, SPO Front and Rear Sway bars, H&R Springs, STI Hoodscoop, STI Grill

1983 Toyota Landcruiser FJ60 121,000 original miles

ditto btw its a 2003

mine was like that too.. but eventually it went away... never really tried anything to cure it...i have an '02

Bump - I have had my 04 WRX since april and it has been making the annoying sqeek on the drivers side belt since day 1! Phew, I am atleast glad im not the only one. If i had to guess....it is the roller inside the panel that the belt folds over to come out into the cabin....just a guess though.
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

me too try adjusting up and down made mine go away

for awhile
    02 wrx stage 2

i have an 03 and everything is going fine with the belts. except i put those cheap pads on from ebay and now there all frayed up. its just those stupid windows that are doing the squeaking.