Seatbelt noise. Help!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Seatbelt noise. Help! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Whenever I pull on my seatbelt to put it on, the friction of the belt going through the loop makes ...

Question Seatbelt noise. Help!

Whenever I pull on my seatbelt to put it on, the friction of the belt going through the loop makes a really loud squeal. The passenger side doesn't do this. I was wondering if this is just from wear and tear or if there are any solutions. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    "You have a sunburn, mmm, like chokolada, ahhh, it's you, me and Pina Colada."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Mine does the exact same thing! Bump
    2002 Aspen White:

AVO Turbo-back, AVO TMIC, AVO BOV, AVO Short RAM Intake, AVO 15lb Wastegate Actuator, 225/45/17 Toyo Proxes 4 tires on 17x7 ADR wheels, SPO Front and Rear Sway bars, H&R Springs, STI Hoodscoop, STI Grill

1983 Toyota Landcruiser FJ60 121,000 original miles

ditto btw its a 2003

mine was like that too.. but eventually it went away... never really tried anything to cure it...i have an '02

Bump - I have had my 04 WRX since april and it has been making the annoying sqeek on the drivers side belt since day 1! Phew, I am atleast glad im not the only one. If i had to guess....it is the roller inside the panel that the belt folds over to come out into the cabin....just a guess though.
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

me too try adjusting up and down made mine go away

for awhile
    02 wrx stage 2

i have an 03 and everything is going fine with the belts. except i put those cheap pads on from ebay and now there all frayed up. its just those stupid windows that are doing the squeaking.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.