sti seats

This is a discussion on sti seats within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Are the STI seats worth the money they cost or should I just go out and buy race seats...

sti seats

Are the STI seats worth the money they cost or should I just go out and buy race seats

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if you can get them for the price i paid yes...

just for the front seats if you can get them for under 1500 with airbags than do it. they will bolt up perfect and you can always sell them for around the same price later as long as you take care of them. they fit nicely and you can add racing belts as well. if you use other seats which dont have airbags you could run into problems if you get into an accident with your insurance company, you can void your warranty (not like you may care) you have to get custom brackets etc, who knows how well they will match your car. are they adjustable? which ones would you go for. if not the sti's i'd get a set of corbeau CR1's they are highly rated and arent that expensive. sti seats (the full interior) are actually lighter than the stock wrx interior by about 20lbs for the full interior

2004 STi seats -- IMHO, and I own an STi, if that matters...

Positive:

Really nice stitched STi logos
    Side-impact airbags
    Decent adjustments
    Not actually uncomfortable

Negative:

Wide and soft. These are made only for 'merica on the assumption that we're all overweight. They really DO NOT hold you very well in a tight corner.

Single hole under headrest isn't a good match to a set of racing-style harnesses (4 point, 5 point, etc.)

Probably expensive.

--------------------

I'm keeping mine, but if I were looking for upgrades, I'd look elsewhere.

Rick

less expensive than a set of sparcos..

for me anyway

and congrats for owning an sti, your seats must be completely different than mine. (wished i owned one too)