in-dash CD changer gurus?

This is a discussion on in-dash CD changer gurus? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I did a search, but there's nothing from within the last year. Does a modern in-dash CD changer exist? I ...

Question in-dash CD changer gurus?

I did a search, but there's nothing from within the last year. Does a modern in-dash CD changer exist? I tried googling for the Eclipse 5506 but they're not out there anymore. Not even on the Eclipse web site anymore. I couldn't even find a picture. Are they double-din? Also, they're more than a bit pricey, and every other post was like "mine was ripped off." (I park on the street, in a high-theft area) The closest thing I could find is this Misubishi OEM head unit, but chances are fair it's VERY similar to the recently broken stock unit sitting useless in my dash at the moment. Puke-city.

Does anyone know of a in-dash changer that I couldn't find? Plus, are there any in-dash changers that can play MP3 as well? I'd be happy with a 2-disc changer!

..and who'd expect that Subaru's crappy head unit would raise so many people's standards?!?

PS To people with a single-disc unit who have a pocket (like, from a Subie Legacy): Do CDs (with jewel case) fit in there? What's your favorite use for the pocket thing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i could have sworn i saw one a couple days ago. but now i cant seem to find it. ill keep looking and if i see ill post again.
    2002 Subaru Impreza Wrx Sedan

Alpine 3DE-7887 has a 3-disc changer, single DIN I think. Blaupunkt makes a changer that works with a regular HU here

I know the changers are out there, it just seems that there aren't many double DIN versions...yet.

Thanks for the leads..

I just saw today a single DIN, in-dash 6-disc player (only) in the display window at my Subaru dealer, but it was $420 or so. I guess it's intended as an aux-in for the Legacy's standard stereo. Too expensive for another Subaru product IMO, but maybe it's possible to get one for cheap on ebay or salvage yard

... Still looking...

I THINK Jensen still makes one, but I'm not positive. It was still out like a year ago. It was a 2 din unit.

Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Lots of fancy dampening and viscous suspension. Hmmm, I wonder if they've heard of electronic buffering.

Just get a good HU that does MP3 and/or WMA and don't worry about a changer. The fewer moving parts of a standard player would increase your MTBCF. And that will make you a much more "happy camper" down the road.
    Mmmmm Kitty,,, the other red meat.

Please note: no cats were harmed in any way during the making of this post. But there is always later.