in-dash CD changer gurus?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on in-dash CD changer gurus? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I did a search, but there's nothing from within the last year. Does a modern in-dash CD changer exist? I ...

Question in-dash CD changer gurus?

I did a search, but there's nothing from within the last year. Does a modern in-dash CD changer exist? I tried googling for the Eclipse 5506 but they're not out there anymore. Not even on the Eclipse web site anymore. I couldn't even find a picture. Are they double-din? Also, they're more than a bit pricey, and every other post was like "mine was ripped off." (I park on the street, in a high-theft area) The closest thing I could find is this Misubishi OEM head unit, but chances are fair it's VERY similar to the recently broken stock unit sitting useless in my dash at the moment. Puke-city.

Does anyone know of a in-dash changer that I couldn't find? Plus, are there any in-dash changers that can play MP3 as well? I'd be happy with a 2-disc changer!

..and who'd expect that Subaru's crappy head unit would raise so many people's standards?!?

PS To people with a single-disc unit who have a pocket (like, from a Subie Legacy): Do CDs (with jewel case) fit in there? What's your favorite use for the pocket thing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i could have sworn i saw one a couple days ago. but now i cant seem to find it. ill keep looking and if i see ill post again.
    2002 Subaru Impreza Wrx Sedan

Alpine 3DE-7887 has a 3-disc changer, single DIN I think. Blaupunkt makes a changer that works with a regular HU here

I know the changers are out there, it just seems that there aren't many double DIN versions...yet.

Thanks for the leads..

I just saw today a single DIN, in-dash 6-disc player (only) in the display window at my Subaru dealer, but it was $420 or so. I guess it's intended as an aux-in for the Legacy's standard stereo. Too expensive for another Subaru product IMO, but maybe it's possible to get one for cheap on ebay or salvage yard

... Still looking...

I THINK Jensen still makes one, but I'm not positive. It was still out like a year ago. It was a 2 din unit.

Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Lots of fancy dampening and viscous suspension. Hmmm, I wonder if they've heard of electronic buffering.

Just get a good HU that does MP3 and/or WMA and don't worry about a changer. The fewer moving parts of a standard player would increase your MTBCF. And that will make you a much more "happy camper" down the road.
    Mmmmm Kitty,,, the other red meat.

Please note: no cats were harmed in any way during the making of this post. But there is always later.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.