Installing gauge face help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Installing gauge face help within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I want to go with the indiglo faces but I have not found a thread that tells you the best ...

Installing gauge face help

I want to go with the indiglo faces but I have not found a thread that tells you the best way to get the faces past the needles. Can you pull them of with a removal tool or what. I have seen people talking about tweaking the needles off center and so forth bu no real way to do it, and is the gas gauge the only one that re-centers after a fuel up. What are peoples experiance. I put them in my Taurus sho a while back and it did not require removal of needles cause there were 3 seperate pieces and no double needle in the same face as with the temp/gas one we have.
    Its all fun and games till someone loses an eye....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i just put them in my car you dont have to remove the needles. if you do youll have big problems . and just lay the new ones over the old ones and when you get the gage cluster out there will be 3 wire connecters the 1 on the right is the wires you what to hook into the purele is your power and the black is your ground. any more info you need please ask me .

How did you get the fuel/temp needles thru the face, did you point them both straight up? are they able to be pointed past the gauge limit?

well when i put them on i had a full tank of gas so the fule 1 didnt move but the hot @ cold 1 dose you just have to be carefull and just work them around them .

so I guess you pointed the hot and cold off to the north to go side by side withe the gas?

yes. ya this to it took two people to do the speedo a tack you need 4 hands is what iam try to say.

Thanx

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.