Heated Mirrors
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Heated Mirrors within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Not sure whether to put this in interior, or exterior forum because the mirrors are outside, but you look at ...

Heated Mirrors

Not sure whether to put this in interior, or exterior forum because the mirrors are outside, but you look at em from inside But anyways...

These heated mirrors ROCK. It just started getting all snowy around here, and the other day my mirrors were caked with ice/snow, a solid 1/2" or so. I almost went for the scraper, but jumped on the opportunity to use the heaters. I was skeptical at first, didn't think they would really work. Much to my surprise, as I left my driveway I saw water dripping off of the mirrors, and by the time I had driven a mile or so, they were completely clear.

Any of you other 04 owners try these things out? If so are mine freakishly powerful?
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i'll tell ya, that's one thing i wouldn't mind having on the STi... and if i do have it, someone smack me for not noticing it. been too many cool nights trying to back up with little or no vision to the sides.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

I bet you could get them at subaruparts.com or someplace like that, or a dealer. I would assume that they would just pop into the STi mirrors.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

i bet you're right
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

I really wish I had these, I was just thinking about it the other day. Anybody know how much the dealer would charge me to install these....
    -2006 WRX Wagon-

would be good to know... seems like pretty easy install, switch area nr. foglight switch...hum......

I am sure my 03 has them. I think they come on with the rear defroster. MAybe they are different in the Canadian market. Their are some small differences.

Could someone with the premium package post pics of their car's interior showing the all-weather package's switch layout and the sunroof switch? I'm working on moding in the all-weather package right now.

-heated mirrors;
    -heated windshield;
    -heated seats;
    -sunroof switch;

-Peter

Originally posted by Lance
    I am sure my 03 has them. I think they come on with the rear defroster. MAybe they are different in the Canadian market. Their are some small differences.
    I think they came standard on Canadian WRX's since "the beginning".

Originally posted by B4gery
    Could someone with the premium package post pics of their car's interior showing the all-weather package's switch layout and the sunroof switch? I'm working on moding in the all-weather package right now.

-heated mirrors;
    -heated windshield;
    -heated seats;
    -sunroof switch;

-Peter

I actually have my digicam in the car, so I will snap a few pictures for you.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.