Momo Race Air Shift Knob Installed
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Momo Race Air Shift Knob Installed within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I gotta say. Out of the many show and go mods I've done so far one of the most inexpensive ...

Momo Race Air Shift Knob Installed

I gotta say. Out of the many show and go mods I've done so far one of the most inexpensive and tasty one I've done is to take off the Sti Titanium knob and replace it with the Momo Race Air knob. I don't like the the small feeling of the Sti one and the Momo is much more comfortable. It matches the steering wheel perfect. Perforated black leather. Momo badge on top. Love it.
    Last edited by Wrxified; 05-19-2004 at 07:57 AM.
    Almost back to stock and on the waiting list for the Prodrive Stage 3 Kit!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Where did you pick it up at and for how much?
    donyeager@gmail.com
    Assorted Pics
    2002 Platinum Silver Subaru Impreza Sedan

Very nice!!
    I agree the sti one is to small. any ideas where i can find it online.

I Support ClubWRX
    Here is a shot of mine installed with the STi trim. Much nicer than the stock shifter!

I got mine from a VW specialty shop online. Can't find the receipt right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sti_trim.jpg  

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

What kind of floor mats are those? Factory wagon ones or are those different?
    donyeager@gmail.com
    Assorted Pics
    2002 Platinum Silver Subaru Impreza Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    I was going to ask if you meant mine, or WRXified, and then I looked at his photo and see they are the same ones. They are the optional rubber floor mats, and were already in mine. I think they were a $59 option, or something like that.

They fit so-so, but from what I hear, they are better than the WeatherTech mats for the Impreza. This surprises me, because I've had WT mats in both of my last two trucks, as well as my wife's cars, plus the WT trunk liners in her Accord and A6. They always fit fine, but from what I've read, the WT Impreza ones are cut-to-fit. The Subaru ones hold a lot of crap in the winter, but mine tends to slip forward. I have to pull it back once or twice a week. It catches on, but does not interfere with, the clutch pedal lever.

HTH,
    Steve

Edit: they probably show up better in the WRX link in my sig, below.

The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

I got it from here.

Here is where you can get the knob for $70.00 online. Momo Knobs

The mats are OEM winter mats from Subaru. They help a lot in the Michigan winters.

was it difficult to install?
    did you have to do anything special?

Not hard

Piece of cake. Comes with appropriate spacers. My wife could have installed it. The only thing is the shift boot is held up by the OEM or STi shifter. The MOMO one doesn't have a plastic lip on the bottom of it to hold the boot up although the boot is so tall it actually almost rests perfectly in place. Nonetheless I went around the shifter below the MOMO knob about 20 times with electrical tape to make it wider right there. Then you have to force the boot up over the tape so it stay perfectly in place.

The shift knob dropped about 3/4 inch off the heigth because the shifter bottoms out all the way inside the MOMO knob as opposed to the Stock one threading about the middle. Almost acts as a short throw shifter itself. I also have the short throw shifter so my shifts snap into place with a flick of my finger. Love it.

I Support ClubWRX
    As for the boot, I left the aluminum trim nut off of the bottom of the MOMO knob, and worked the boot up over the threads. This allows the boot to come up about an inch higher, and bumps right into the bottom of the knob. It is a tight fit, so it doesn't move around at all. I liked the look a little better, but that's just me...
    Steve

The Morris Garage

Nice

I have the same MOMO shift knob. I had one on my old Acura Integra as well and was contemplating getting one for the M Roadster. I ended getting a carbon fiber one for the Roadster, but the decision was tough.

That STi knob is really goofy. Why did they even bother? Does anybody actually like that one?
    2002 WRX TurboXS Stage 4 FOR SALE!
    2000 BMW M Roadster FOR SALE!
    FOR SALE! BUY THEM!

No I don't actually like it. I like it more than I originally did. But I'd prefer the stock one over it. But alas, it was on the car when they got it. So I'd have to buy the stock one. =(

BTW, I have an S2000 titianum shift knob if anyone is interested. I'm trying to sell it since I no longer have my civic.

That Momo knob/ STi trim combo looks great! I personally saw one inside a WRX last week and was impressed on how two small changes somehow spruced up the whole interior. Made me feel like I was in a VW.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.