looking around for speakers

This is a discussion on looking around for speakers within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got a Pioneer P8500MP unit and in my basement I have(from previous car) amps, subs and crossovers. These ...

looking around for speakers

I just got a Pioneer P8500MP unit and in my basement I have(from previous car) amps, subs and crossovers. These are not the top of the line audio components that I have, so I am looking for average speakers instaed of top of the line. So I would like to hear some suggestions because I am indecisive about this one.
    I was looking at the infinity kappa 62.5i. I figure these might be more than I need. I was thinking of stepping down to the reference 6002i because I dont really need that much power, and dont need the crossovers. I then looked around and noticed some other nice speakers in the same price ranges(around 100 dollars) like Polk db 650 and Kenwood excelon KFC-X168.

So I am reaching out for help from you guys. If you can recommend one or the other, or entirely something different that would be great.
    Also, I am looking something for the back in the 5 1/4 size, appreciate suggestions for that as well.

Thanks for the help.
    2003 Subaru WRX (5SPD)
    You may have a turbo. You may even have 227 horses. But if you don't have the control of Subaru AWD, you can't touch this

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have two kicker subs I would be willing to sell you. I also have a jensen 400 watt 4 channel amp. I will sell the subs for
    100+ shipping and the amp for
    40+shipping
    If you want both I will work a deal out with you.
    Driving a FWD turbo is like masturbating. It is all fun until you realize that your just f***ing yourself.
    Get a real power AWD Turbo...

TRM
    two posts you should a read...

speaker fitment

aftermarket speaker fitment kits

basically there's a bunch of options once you consider the kits from innovative automotive.

also have a look at my post on this forum regarding the Alpine 9807. i found some speakers that will do nicely as well.

I have Rockford Fosgate 5.25" that I was going to put in my WRX rears but I never did. Email me if you want the model # and asking price.

I also have 6.5" MB Quart Components, and 4" Coaxs BRAND NEW.

-Jim