looking around for speakers
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on looking around for speakers within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got a Pioneer P8500MP unit and in my basement I have(from previous car) amps, subs and crossovers. These ...

looking around for speakers

I just got a Pioneer P8500MP unit and in my basement I have(from previous car) amps, subs and crossovers. These are not the top of the line audio components that I have, so I am looking for average speakers instaed of top of the line. So I would like to hear some suggestions because I am indecisive about this one.
    I was looking at the infinity kappa 62.5i. I figure these might be more than I need. I was thinking of stepping down to the reference 6002i because I dont really need that much power, and dont need the crossovers. I then looked around and noticed some other nice speakers in the same price ranges(around 100 dollars) like Polk db 650 and Kenwood excelon KFC-X168.

So I am reaching out for help from you guys. If you can recommend one or the other, or entirely something different that would be great.
    Also, I am looking something for the back in the 5 1/4 size, appreciate suggestions for that as well.

Thanks for the help.
    2003 Subaru WRX (5SPD)
    You may have a turbo. You may even have 227 horses. But if you don't have the control of Subaru AWD, you can't touch this

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have two kicker subs I would be willing to sell you. I also have a jensen 400 watt 4 channel amp. I will sell the subs for
    100+ shipping and the amp for
    40+shipping
    If you want both I will work a deal out with you.
    Driving a FWD turbo is like masturbating. It is all fun until you realize that your just f***ing yourself.
    Get a real power AWD Turbo...

TRM
    two posts you should a read...

speaker fitment

aftermarket speaker fitment kits

basically there's a bunch of options once you consider the kits from innovative automotive.

also have a look at my post on this forum regarding the Alpine 9807. i found some speakers that will do nicely as well.

I have Rockford Fosgate 5.25" that I was going to put in my WRX rears but I never did. Email me if you want the model # and asking price.

I also have 6.5" MB Quart Components, and 4" Coaxs BRAND NEW.

-Jim

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.