Rear Seat
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Rear Seat within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone. I had a favor to ask you guys. I know that the rear seat doesnt fold down in ...

Rear Seat

Hey everyone. I had a favor to ask you guys. I know that the rear seat doesnt fold down in the WRX sedans, but I guess the armrest does so that cargo can fit from the trunk to the cabin. Would someone tell me how tall that open slot is. It is really important because I want an '03 but I need to fit my surfboard in the back because I go to school at UCSD on the beach and live half an hour away so I lock my board in my car during the day. Right now I have a Dodge Dakota with a locking tonneau cover so it isn't a problem now but I get now gas mileage at all so I need a car. Not like you guys care but if someone could tell me how tall and how wide the hole is that would be great. Thanks you guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You should get the wagon

I like the wagon for a wagon but when it comes down to it I would much rather have the sedan. So any help from the sedan owners on this question?

Has anyone ever tried swapping rear seats from a wagon into a sedan? Think it would work?
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    i'm pretty sure a surfboard wouldn't fit in that slot. it's wide enough, but there's no way it's tall enough, unless you have one of those 1950's style longboards
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

its only like 14" tall.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

i've had problems gettin a snowboard to fit in there let alone a surfboard... id just go w/ the wagon

That is a bummer... now I probably can't get the WRX and I definently don't want a wagon, just not my style.

what about altering some yakima roofrack?

Its not a problem carrying the board on the outside, they have many roofracks for that. The problem is I need it locked inside the car during the day. I personally don't really care all that much since I don't have time for it that much anyways, but my dad owns my truck now and would be buying me the car, so that is his rule. Oh well. Thanks guys.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.