instructions for 2004 sti seats into 2003 (air bag questions/safety)

This is a discussion on instructions for 2004 sti seats into 2003 (air bag questions/safety) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok, im sure the swap is very straight forward. but im a newbie at seat swaps. please inform me about ...

instructions for 2004 sti seats into 2003 (air bag questions/safety)

ok, im sure the swap is very straight forward. but im a newbie at seat swaps. please inform me about the airbags and how to properly disconnect them and switch them. I dont want anything bad to happen to me or whoever else helps me. just being cautious and on the safe side.
    it all goes down this sunday, so any info will help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Simple really. Disconnect negative battery cable. While unbolting the seats the caps should have sufficient time to discharge. About a minute is enough for discharge but more time can't hurt. Then disconnect the connectors. After swapping seats and recoonecting srs connectors. Reconnect negative cable. Start car the airbag light should stay on about three seconds to run system test. If the light goes out all is good.
    hope this helps
    Shawn

thanks!

since they are USDM i shouldnt get a check engine light correct?

No cel. The engine ecm has no knowledge of the srs. There is a srs computer mounted on the tranny hump under the center dash. If the airbag light stays on after self test then there is a problem in the srs circuit. I can check part numbers tomorrow but I am willing to bet the side airbag modules are the same so I wouldn't expect any problems.
    Shawn

true

my friend has them, i dont think he has any problems either