Light Weight System Advice

This is a discussion on Light Weight System Advice within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey All, I am looking to install a system that keeps weight to a minimum, while still offering good SQ. ...

Light Weight System Advice

Hey All,

I am looking to install a system that keeps weight to a minimum, while still offering good SQ. (I have to drive the car to the track after all!)
    I want a system that sounds significantly better than the upgraded stock unit, but definitely doesn't need to be competition quality, for mostly trip hop type music like MassiveAttack and Radiohead.

Here is what I am thinking:

Head Unit: Either Alpine 9805 or 9807, maybe a 9813 if I need the extra power.
    Speakers: 6.5" Infinity Ref 6000 components in the front, nothing in the rear, no sub.

Will I really need an amp to get good sound quality with such a system? Weight and cost are big considerations here.

If I really do, then would a Blaupunkt PA275 amp with the 9805 or 9807 be a good option?

Thanks,

Nick

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

in my previous experience, the weight of an amp will not affect the performance of the car at all. The setup I would opt for would be like a single ten being driven off two channels of a four channel amp. The other two channels would drinve the front speakers. If you want significantly better sound than factory, then a sub is critical. 6 inch speakers can deliver only so much before rattling the doors apart. Oh, BTW, invest in a little sound deading (dont need to cover every square inch), you'd be amazed at how much it helps...
    "Failure is only an option for those who try".