Tweeters... How Are They Wired?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Tweeters... How Are They Wired? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, whats up. I'll be installing a new head unit in a friends WRX ('04) this weekend and had ...

Tweeters... How Are They Wired?

Hey guys, whats up. I'll be installing a new head unit in a friends WRX ('04) this weekend and had a question about the tweeters with the "premium" sound system. The wire harness that came with my head unit (Alpine 9807) has connections for 4 speakers, two front and two rear. My question is, Will my tweeters work if I use this wire harness? Are they wired into the front speakers? Thanks so much guys, my last thread on audio got awesome feedback!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

they are wired into the front speakers
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

Tweeters

Thanks Shibby, good to know

they are run into a capacitor to keep them from overloading. If your upgrading, do what i did. Run the main speaker wire into the crossover and split it from there.
    Did you know that it is anatomically impossible to lick your elbow? And that 75% of the people who read that, try it.

Cross Overs

doniguan, are you talking about an aftermarket crossover that would come with a new speaker set, or did subaru add a factory crossover into the car? Thanks!

Sorry bout the confusion. The component set i put togeather came with a crossover. Subaru was cheap and didnt use a crossover, they used the capacitor for the tweeter to keep it from overloading and let the entire signal flow into the main speakers. If you notice, there is a small outward facing cone on the main driver- which is in effect to reproduce some of the high frequencies. Although, i think neither the tweeter nor the speaker do an adequate job.
    Did you know that it is anatomically impossible to lick your elbow? And that 75% of the people who read that, try it.

Cross Over

Oh ok, I gotchya. I'll keep that in mind, chances are I'll be replacing the whole audio system by spring time. Thanks for the help!

sorry to hijack, but just a quikie question. i understand that each dealer has specific opinions about what will void warranties, but in general, would a basic upgraded stereo, with no around a 400watt amp cause them to deny me warranty service on the electical system?
    03, wrx, aspen white, K&N drop in filter, for now waitin for warranty to go bye bye.

well, i dont know what kind of problems you could possibly have with the electrical system, but i can only assume that if you mess with it, then yea, they could have cause to not cover it under warranty. Ive never heard of any crazy electric problems- so i wouldnt really worry about it.

Warrenty Info

Hey guys. Recently I was talking with 'Trailboss' concerning warrenties and how they might be 'voided'... He had spoken with a subaru dealership and came to the conclusion that the only way a warrenty could be voided was if someone could prove that the changes/mods you had made were the cause of something larger to go wrong with the car. For example, if you added a few large amps into the car, and days later while playing your stereo at 125db it suddenly caught fire and got destroyed... Someone would then have to prove that your amps or wiring job was the cause for this fire and the car being ruined. For those of you who know Trailboss Im sure he wouldn't mind it if you talked more about this topic with him. Hope this helped a little. If you want my opinion, do your stereo!

Talking

If your car burned to the ground, i dont think you would have cause to get warranty work

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.