Is this normal?

This is a discussion on Is this normal? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This is what my stock boost gauge looks like when the engine is OFF. Hopfully you can see that the ...

Is this normal?

This is what my stock boost gauge looks like when the engine is OFF. Hopfully you can see that the needle rests below the "0" mark.

Is this normal?

If not do you think I could get it replaced under warranty even though I have some Mods? (The Subaru dealship I would take it to, put on, and later took off, a EBC for me and has record of it. Maybe they would hold that against me?)

Any help would be great, thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails turbo gauge.jpg  
    Last edited by Red Ride; 10-28-2003 at 09:32 AM.
    '02 Sedona Red Sedan
    Stage II, 115k Miles 10/13

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Shouldn't happen. I noticed that on a friend's car, while mine is at 0 when off.

I think you may have a leak in the connection (ie the hose connections). I'm not positive tho
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

having taken one of these apart, I am going to say that when the engine is OFF, the gauge should read close to zero, if it does not read zero, it is more likley because the guage is a little inaccurate at this particular zero pressure, and having seen some stock gauges then the needle can be off the zero mark by a few degrees.
    I think if you wanted to test your gauge you could find a constant source of pressure say at 14psi and have it feed your gauge, if it reads the 14psi and you trust the source... then no problem.
    You could also take the guage out of the pod and take it to get it recalibrated, but I think this would be more effort and cost than it is worth.

I would not worry about it too much as it is simply a gauge...not a controling device.

just my 0.02

I Support ClubWRX
    My gauge is the same. It rests just a bit below 0 and is actually off by that little bit throughout. It constantly reads lower than my other boost gauge, but by the same amount all the time. It's accurate, but just off by a bit, so just adjust all your readings accordingly and you should be ok
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson