Factory Boost Guage bulb

This is a discussion on Factory Boost Guage bulb within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; How to you access the factory boost guage bulb? I got the green condom to go over the bulb but ...

Factory Boost Guage bulb

How to you access the factory boost guage bulb?
    I got the green condom to go over the bulb but cannot find out how to get to the bulb.
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

in the back of the gauge on the circuit board is a small black rectangle shape, twist 90 degrees and it will pull out to reveal the bulb. You have to take the gauge out of the black rubber housing to access the bulb.

How do I remove the rubber cover?

Not attempting to hijack this...but does anyone make an oil temp gauge that fits in the stock boost gauge housing??
    sorry, and thanks,
    DML

humm I can find oil pressure in 45mm but no oil temp, there is an egt in the 45mm also.

How do I remove the Rubber housing????????????

a few guys here (including me) did this: take a small flathead screwdriver (like jeweler's size or near that) and gently work the gauge straight out towards you by working between the gauge and the rubber, around the circumference of the gauge. it takes a few minutes if you're patient and careful with it, but it will eventually slide right out into your hands, provided the dealer left enough slack in the hose and wires. then merely look on the back of the gauge (circuit board), and rotate the bulb holder out of the board. voila! there's the bulb. put your condom on, reinsert bulb, and reinsert gauge smoothly back into rubber housing. takes 5-10 min, tops.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

removing the rubber housing... as post above... but use Triflow or wd40... lube it up good and it's cake.... no lube = difficult.