Subaru WRX Forum banner

Pics: SubieGal Single Pod with Omori 60mm Electronic Boost Gauge

8K views 44 replies 13 participants last post by  Jeff_DML 
#1 · (Edited)
I finally got the pod earlier this week, and the gauge arrived from Gruppe-S Saturday morning. A busy weekend schedule prevented installation, and I have to cobble together a 1/4 - 1/4 - 1/8 T-fitting before I cut the hose.

But I thought I'd post some photos for those who haven't seen this combination yet. I'll post more as I do the install. Click the link for several photos, and click on the thumbnails for a larger image.

http://www.morrisgarage.com/wrx/pod

See less See more
#34 ·
Ludecrous said:
I experimented with velco and other things to attach the pod to my pillar, none were good, I wanted the perfect look, no silicone bead, no visible screws etc... here is what I ended up doing.
looks good, I was trying to do a less permanent install but I guess that a-pillar replacement part is not that expensive to replace if needed:)

I tried using the silicon this morning, I will see how that works. If I dont like it then I will probably follow your lead.

thx

~~~~~~~

smorris, from looking at your night pic it looks like your Omori gauge needle does not light up, is this correct? Mine doesnt either and I would like it to.

#36 ·
Subiegal pod with omori 60mm

Well, I just finished installing my Subiegal pod and Omori gauge and I have some mixed feelings.

The pod looks absoltely great and I'm very happy with it. The gauge matches well and functions well but... There's apparently something funky about how Omori gauges are grounded so you cant hook them up to the Subaru grounds so you cant have a dimming Omori gauge on a Subie:eek3: ... (according to someone over on the OTHER subie site)

Anyone else here install an Omori gauge and manage to get it to dim correctly? if so, where did you ground it to?

#38 ·
I'm not planning on trying it, but NASIOC has a couple of threads on making a black box that does the dimming. Looked like too much work for me. I've been thinking of just sticking a resistor in line with the lamp power, but don't know about 'lektricity to know where to start.

#39 ·
Ludecrous said:
Humm.... my greddy dimmed just fine.... sorry I don't have a direct answer but I will see if there are any clues in my greddy instructions to help you out when I get home.
Ludecrous,

quick question, I tried to glue my pod and it didnt stick properly so I am going to try what you did with the drilling. Do you get a any rattling from it? I am worried the a-pillar and the dash move differently which might cause some noise.

thx

#41 ·
Freekin Omori gauges

Just FYI, I found out why Omori electronic gauges dont dim correctly. They have two grounds one for the electronics and one for the lighting. So far so good. the problem is that inside the gauge they run the two grounds together. So if you install it in a Subie which uses the ground to do dimming it will dim but it will also screw up the gauge readings... nice eh? Spend the extra cash for a supposedly nice gauge and get one where they don't even separate their two grounds? Why even have two external ground wires if they join to the same wire internally? :confused1 morons... grrr...

#42 ·
Wish I had some cash. That looks like a nice setup. Is the gauge easier to read there without diverting your attention from the road than a column mounted gauge? I'm not real happy with the color match (mismatch?) of the stock gauge. I think the Defi's look like they match the 04s the best, so that's what I want to go with. I think I'll do either this pod or the gauge bezel surround with 2 gauges in the corners. I'm not sure about the surround though as the gauge is still a ways from the road in terms of visibility.

#45 ·
randy98mtu said:
Wish I had some cash. That looks like a nice setup. Is the gauge easier to read there without diverting your attention from the road than a column mounted gauge? I'm not real happy with the color match (mismatch?) of the stock gauge. I think the Defi's look like they match the 04s the best, so that's what I want to go with. I think I'll do either this pod or the gauge bezel surround with 2 gauges in the corners. I'm not sure about the surround though as the gauge is still a ways from the road in terms of visibility.
I wouldnt say it is easier to read but not bad. But how much do you need to look at your gauge anyhow? Not like a tach or speedo.

The reason I went with it over the column one is because the OEM gauge is in odd measurement and doesnt match that well, not cheap either. Also it doesnt look stock to me. Subiegal one for me is the closest thing to a stock looking gauge I could find. Everyone who has been in my car comments how it looks like it came with the car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.