Compustar in, starter not...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Compustar in, starter not... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well...I finally found a place to install my Compustar, to boot, it was a pretty good price. In any case. ...

Compustar in, starter not...

Well...I finally found a place to install my Compustar, to boot, it was a pretty good price.

In any case. The only stipulation on the install was that they would not hook up the starter. I had them leave the harness ready for it, but all the wires are not hooked up for the engagement.

Here's the doozy:

Does anyone have knowledge of the output wires and where they go/how to hook them up? I guess there are about 8 more wires to go to finish it up (ignition, ebrake, brake, maybe starter power, etc.).

Your help would most definately be useful.

Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you mean remote starter? Is your car a manual or auto? I thought I heard that remote starters can only work with an auto or something from someone.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Yes, remote start. Its a 5 spd and thats why I bought the compustar, they support manuals. They have a program in the alarm called reservation mode which basically monitors the brake, and the ebrake and if you do the dance right (their safety measure), youll be able to start the car. It basically assures the car is in neutral after you leave the car.

A bunch of my buddies with an RSX love them, but I dont get to see them very often.

Ah. Yeah I want to get a Compustar when I get a WRX. My friend really likes the one he has in his Trailblazer. So the install place doesn't know how to hook up the starter part or what?
    - F r a n z

Every install place around here has their head so far up their butt about starting "issues" on 5 spds that they taste what they had for dessert last night.

When starters came out, some people apparently put them on their manual cars. If you leave it in gear and try to start it remotely, it will jump forward until it hits something (sometimes continuing).

That was then, this is now. Every store in my area has a no install policy for 5 spds. The compustar has a program that although not fool proof, is 99.9% effective in my opinion. Even after I have mentioned this to install shops, they errr towards ignorance and liability issues in installing things like that. I can understand, so I guess I just need to keep plugging along.

Not that this helps you at all, but my Compustar works wonders on my 5 speed WRX. The starter/alarm and the 3M strip are the only mods that I didn't do myself, so I can't help you out here. Call there tech support, they are AMAZING! They spend a few hours on the phone with the install place here just to get the 'turbo timer' feature to work... the install place here was not doing one step correctly.

Thanks for rubbing it in
    I called support once and they REALLY frowned upon doing anything with someone who purchased one over the net. "We wont warranty that alarm you know...". You know I wouldn't mind paying a little more for a registered dealer to sell the alarm, but Im not going to pay $800 for the install that would cost half as much otherwise. I know people need to make a living, but thats pretty insane.

Anyway, enough of my rant

Call support and say "Hi this is Bob from XYZ Installations in some city, some state and I am having trouble installing this Compustar as it's the first one we've done." They will be a lot more helpful then

lol. Good luck with that man.
    - F r a n z

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.