Oniline ordering, yes i've seen the sticky

This is a discussion on Oniline ordering, yes i've seen the sticky within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've ordered stuff from online stores before (kenwood head unit, infinity components, jl amp, yamaha home audio stuff) and I ...

Oniline ordering, yes i've seen the sticky

I've ordered stuff from online stores before (kenwood head unit, infinity components, jl amp, yamaha home audio stuff) and I have not had one bad experience.

I go to the local store to listen to different component sets. I mention that I have had no problems from online ordering and that I can save some much money (I'm a college kid) by ordering online. Then they give me the big guilt trip about no warrenty and about the horror stories of subs with holes in them yada yada yada.

Has anyone had a bad experience with online ordering? I dont want to pay $400+ for the focal's I was looking at....
    "We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas"

2000 Camaro SS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I ordered my sub-woofers online no problem. They ended up being half the price of retail. I got my amp and head unit from a store so they would be in warranty. Or you could just end up like one of my friends and get stuff at about cost from an authorized dealer. He bought so much stuff from this smaller car audio shop that they worked out that sweet deal with him. He's got some nice Eclipse speakers in his Trailblazer..

Just use a little discretion when buying this stuff online. Don't buy the absolute lowest price, but maybe a step or two up from the bottom.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

I'm thinking of ordering the Focal 165 v2's or A from onlinecarstereo.com One person in the sticky had a bad experience with them, but they are the only place I've found that carries them...
    Last edited by CamaroSS; 10-17-2003 at 04:00 PM.
    "We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas"

2000 Camaro SS