Turbo Timer Install Help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Turbo Timer Install Help within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I just installed my HKS Type 0 turbo timer, and it works great, but I have the upgraded alarm ...

Turbo Timer Install Help

Hi, I just installed my HKS Type 0 turbo timer, and it works great, but I have the upgraded alarm system, and cannot alarm the car until the timer is off. Is there any way to get around this so that I can alarm the car while it's still on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Try doing a search. I think I remember reading about this.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

There is wire you have to cut from the alarm. From what I remember it's a grey wire, should be sitting on top of the fuses. Make sure you have your remotes programed cuz you won't be able to after you snip that wire. Do a search just to be sure but I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one.

-alex

The grey wire is the security module wire from what I understand, and I need to splice in the ignition sensor wire from my TT to that. Then there is a dark green wire off the keyless entry module that I guess I need to remove.

From what I understand the grey wire is somewhere around the parking brake, but I have no idea where the dark green wire is, can anyone clue me in on that.

For those who know, is that all that I'll need to do?

Does anyone know the exact location of the grey wire I need to cut? I popped out the parking brake trim, and the plastic underneath the steering wheel which covered the fuse box and all the wires, I just can't find the grey wire

I havent seen the dark green wire either, but I dont know if I'll be needing that or not...

BTW, not sure if it matters, but I am doing this on an 04 STi.

I don't know if the STi is like the WRX in compared to wiring, but here is a write up on how to install the TT and everything you need to know about it...

http://www.ravensblade-impreza.com/m...ain/tt/tt.html

Originally posted by 1fastwrx
    I don't know if the STi is like the WRX in compared to wiring, but here is a write up on how to install the TT and everything you need to know about it...

http://www.ravensblade-impreza.com/m...ain/tt/tt.html
    Thank you! That is the most complete set of instructions I've seen to date, I'll get started working on it tomorrow

Alright, I have the problem 50% fixed right now.

I found the green/black wire, and snipped it.

When I turn the car off, the TT takes over and lets it idle, I get out of the car and press the arm button, the lights flash, and the doors lock. After the car shuts off, I reach inside, unlock the door and open it... no alarm.

Another senario, I turn the car off, TT takes over, get out, the car shuts off, I press the arm button, unlock the door and open it, and the alarm sounds.

In those instructions there was one wire that I noticed was a different color, the parking brake sensor wire is listed as pink, and it's green in my STi, so I'm guessing that the grey wire I'm looking for may be one of 3 white wires.

Does anyone have a pic of the grey wire that needs to be cut so I can see the location, and match it to what I have. I'll also shoot a pic of the wires I have so hopefully someone can point out which one needs to be cut. I feel like the project is very close to bieng finished, hopefully it's just a different color wire than I'm looking for.

Here is a pic of the wires, can anyone tell me which one needs to be cut?

TTT, my STi console is still out of the car... I'd like to get it back together.

TTT

I just bought an apexi turbo timer. WHere can i find the wiring harness for it, or do i even need one?
    2002 WRX...FAST ASS MOFO! WESTSIDE!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.