60mm Gauge pod that doesn't look stupid
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 60mm Gauge pod that doesn't look stupid within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is there a gauge pod that fits 60mm gauges that doesn't look stupid like that damn Defi pod!? I saw ...

60mm Gauge pod that doesn't look stupid

Is there a gauge pod that fits 60mm gauges that doesn't look stupid like that damn Defi pod!? I saw someone put a pic of the Sydney opera house on their dash, and it looked exactly the same. I don't want that look lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have mine on the a-pillar...is that stupid? I don't think so BTW I like the Defi pod. I think it looks mean
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

How can you say this looks stupid? I have had more complements on my "set up " then almost anything else.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails interiorblitz.jpg  
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Like I said, I think the Defi pod is groovy Corey, are those Blitz BLM gauges you have in there?
    Fahd

yes they izzle
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Originally posted by BoostedBoxer
    yes they izzle
    Cool, that's what I have too
    Fahd

DEFI POD OWNZZZ EVERYTHING! I personally think its the best solution to mounting your gauges. By the way sweet setup up BoostedBoxer. What color did you paint it and how did you do it?? CUrious

Originally posted by BoostedBoxer
    yes they izzle
    are you happy with them
    Speed Is Money, How Fast Do You Want To Go?

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...page_id=412927

Hmm 60mm is what I would call a big guage and is probatly difficult to get in a smaller cup. I guess you can find many universal guage stands, but nothing looks as good as the defi lol..

If you can do with 48mm guages. Subaru has a OEM "din" system with 3 guages you can fit under the stereo or in the clock location. Defi and Omori also have such system, but the defi 1 din system I only saw in japan once.. Don't know of they are exported, because I never seen them elswhere...

Omori
    Suabru OEM pod? with Omori guages
    DEFI din size it too will fit the oem subaru pod
    Last edited by Roffa; 10-16-2003 at 04:11 AM.
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

Originally posted by Sihota
    are you happy with them
    I have thenm also, so I'll tell you there's no way he's not. These guges are just awesome. The light is really cool at night
    Fahd

Originally posted by WRXin'
    I have thenm also, so I'll tell you there's no way he's not. These guges are just awesome. The light is really cool at night
    I think that the Defi pod with Blitz BLM guages look the best, but it would be so pricey to get all that done.
    What is required other than the pod and guages?
    do you need a control center too?
    It seems that it would cost around 800 bucks for the pod and 3 guages, isnt that a bit much?

I think that the Defi pod with Blitz BLM guages look the best, but it would be so pricey to get all that done.
    What is required other than the pod and guages?
    do you need a control center too?
    It seems that it would cost around 800 bucks for the pod and 3 guages, isnt that a bit much?
    It is pricey, and no it doesn't need a control unit. I got my a-pillar and two gauges for $350, and I had a local hook-up. I'm pretty sure Corey said that he paid an arm and a leg for his setup.
    Fahd

It is pricey, and no it doesn't need a control unit. I got my a-pillar and two gauges for $350, and I had a local hook-up. I'm pretty sure Corey said that he paid an arm and a leg for his setup.
    which 2 do you have and why?
    do you find that the a pillar obstructs your view?
    whats the diffrence between electrical and mechanical/ what are yours?

which 2 do you have and why?
    do you find that the a pillar obstructs your view?
    whats the diffrence between electrical and mechanical/ what are yours?
    I have boost and EGT. I got boost for the obvious reason of reading boost...that's kinda essential. I got EGT to know whether or not I'm running lean. I was gonna get either an oil pressure guage or oil temp gauge, but decided not too. I may later on, but I'm fine with these two for now

I think if a gauge is tapped into something it makes it a mechanical...not sure though. Maybe someone else can clarify that a little better. The a-pillar doesn't obstruct my view at all. It's great and I love it.
    Fahd

I have boost and EGT. I got boost for the obvious reason of reading boost...that's kinda essential. I got EGT to know whether or not I'm running lean. I was gonna get either an oil pressure guage or oil temp gauge, but decided not too. I may later on, but I'm fine with these two for now

I think if a gauge is tapped into something it makes it a mechanical...not sure though. Maybe someone else can clarify that a little better. The a-pillar doesn't obstruct my view at all. It's great and I love it.
    Ok, forgive me for asking too many questions....

ISnt wrx's EGT sensors in the upipe?, and if you get an after market pipe you would need to get a CEL fix because there is no sensor anymore, therefore your EGT Seonsor wouldnt work. Am I right or completly off?
    What mods do you have done?
    If you where to get a Defi 3 Pod what 2 guages other than BOOST would you get and why?
    Im am not hardcore so I dont know what gauges would be the most benificial.
    Thanks ahead of time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.