One more 04 related Turbo timer question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on One more 04 related Turbo timer question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know this subject has been beaten to death but I'm still not clear on a few things. How hard ...

One more 04 related Turbo timer question

I know this subject has been beaten to death but I'm still not clear on a few things. How hard are these thing really to install? If I get an 04 WRX wiring harness for it, Do I still need to do a lot of cutting and splicing or is it just like a plug and play? Do I need an 04 wiring harness or will an 03 's work with my car? Is there any difference in install between the manual and 4EAT? I have been hearing about problems with the factory alarm and these things, am I going to have problems?

Finally, which one is the best? This is the one I have been looking at, the Blitz tt-dc 2 turbo timer. Also does this one have a voltage display like the FATT? I just think that a volt meter would be very useful.
    http://www.import-store.com/blitz_timers.htm

Thanks again everyone.

--Jay--
    Last edited by 04silver bullet; 10-15-2003 at 11:45 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The turbo timer isnt hard at all to install...Just be careful when removing the parts of your dash and center console so you dont scratch them. I used the scooby mods install instructions and worked it like a charm Turbo Timer Install
    Sooo easy with the harness...I have an '03 and I used the '02 harness but i dont know about the '04. On the scooby mods website, they tell you what to do for a 4eat. With my factory alarm, all i had to do was cut one wire and tape the ends and it works....Once again scooby mods will tell you which one..just click the link. I have the Greddy Full Auto and I like it a lot...Beside the fact that it only cost me $89, it has numerous features besides the voltage meter. Have anymore questions, let me know...I just did the install like a week after i got my car not knowing anything about the car...Really, Really, easy install with the harness.
    Justin
    2003 Sonic Yellow
    NOT STOCK ANYMORE!!

Hello,

The turbo timer harness is compatible with the 02/03/04 wrx/sti. if you have the subaru security upgrade system you will need to cut 2 wires, grey wire off the security module for the ignition sense and the dark green wire off the keyless entry module. be aware that you will not be able to disable your alarm manually using the ignition key and turning the ignition on and off 3 times.

if you have an aftermarket alarm please check my forum for additional information regarding integrating turbo timers with aftermarket alarms: forum.dreamspeedonline.com

thanks!
    netZ

Originally posted by JrG18m
    With my factory alarm, all i had to do was cut one wire and tape the ends and it works..
    Oh yeah..I did cut two wires...My bad, its been a couple of months...
    Justin
    2003 Sonic Yellow
    NOT STOCK ANYMORE!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.