white face gages?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on white face gages? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just bought a set of white face gages (the ones that go over the speedo, tach, fuel,hot@cold ) well ...

white face gages?

i just bought a set of white face gages (the ones that go over the speedo, tach, fuel,hot@cold ) well the quest. is has anyone put these in there car? cause i dont know where the wires are to hook the gages to. if any one has done this and has pic of the wiring please post? yes i looked on scoobymods but no luck. please help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump...............

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    did you try searching around here? I am pretty sure someone mentioned the color and location of the wires...GOOD LUCK and if you get them installed post some pics!
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

yea the wires are on the back side of the cluster. you will have to take the whole cluster off. not hard just a few screws and clips. just take you time so you dont break any plastic tabs.

if you have the factory turbo guage, it will be a little tricky to get the cluster out past the gauge but it will go !!!
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

not sure if they do or don't, but check www.scoobymods.com
    They might have a tutorial on it with pictures and all.

I'm assuming you're refering to indiglo gauges though.

Pretty easy to install. First time, it'll take you about an hour. Maybe shorter or longer depending on how quick you pick up on it.

As said... Just take your time!

and when placing the gauges on, BE ABSOLUTELY CAREFUL to not break the needles. They can take a little pressure against them, but don't try to bend them!

thanks dudes . yes i looked on scoobymods i couldnt find nothing.

opps! LOL
    didn't even notice you had mentioned you looked there.

You try a seach on NASIOC.com?
    If you can't find info here, NASIOC will certainly have something.

bump

ok here it goes:
    There are 3 harnesses attached to the back of the factory gauge cluster. On the right hand side of the cluster (facing it) is where you want to look. The red wire on your new gauges splices in with the purple wire on the right hand side of the original cluster (power). The black wire of the new gauges attaches to (obviously) the black wire of the gauge cluster (ground).
    This allows the gauges to glow as they would before with the turn of the switch on the turn signal lever.

Marc

first off thank you did you have to remove the needles?
    well ill try this over the weekend.

Needles

DO NOT REMOVE THE NEEDLES!!! This is very important as if you do, you will have to purchase anew gauge cluster....lots of money!!! JUst slide the faces over the needles, it may take a little bending, but it will work.

Marc

finally got them put in tonight .they look bad a$$ i wish i could put some pics up put have not found the way to put up pics. now its time to get a white face boost gage that has a blue light. and to turn my heater controlls to blue to match the white over lays i got on them.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.