Anyone Dynamat their trunk? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Anyone Dynamat their trunk? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by rgold01 pics rolleyes? what's your problem? take the drama down a notch pal. we're a little more ...

Originally posted by rgold01
    pics
    rolleyes? what's your problem? take the drama down a notch pal. we're a little more laid back than your typcial car forum.

dR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I will have some pics up by tomorrow night because I don't have batteries for the camera right now. Anyways, I think the sound is noticably louder but I still get rattling from back there at really high volume. I think I may need to get under the rear deck because that seems like the trouble spot. Anyways I saved about $150 by doing it myself according to Circuit City.

I wouldn't let Circuit City touch my car but that's another story. I think I might go with some liquid sound deadner to spray inside the trunk and then dynamat just the trunk lid. I'll see how bad it is once I get my car and install my stereo of course.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

This is how the inside of the trunk lid turned out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 108-0836_img.jpg  

Another of the lid
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 108-0834_img.jpg  

This is the actual floor of the trunk. You can't see it but I took the spare out and Dynamated the entire area where it sits. I also had extra left over so I decided to cover the spare tire cover to make it look nice. I also removed the trim pannels on both sides of the trunk and got behind there pretty good as well. By the way if you are planning on getting a 15" Solo Baric L7 it fits perfect!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 108-0835_img.jpg  

Also, if anyone cares how I wired my amp, this is my setup. I bought the yellow 4 ga Stinger wire because it contrasts nicely with everything else.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 108-0832_img.jpg  

Oh by the way that piece of wood is for my amp rack that I am building. I plan to put carpet on it and mount my 2 amps and capacitor.

I used dynomat extreme on the doors trunk lid, roof and floors although I haven't finished with the back seat area floor.

Is there a diference? If you knock on the doors from the out side, the stock WRX sounds like realllllly cheap tin. After the dynomat it sounds and "feels" like my Audi...

I did the roof too with the same results.

When I finally got around to the trunk, I have a wagon, the sound deadening was even more pronounced.

All I wanted was a quieter car.. It's quieter, and the stock audio system sounds much better but that 'll be going soon

Just my two cents. I might try and post pics if anyone is interested...

Yeah, pix would be great. Thanks!

-tp

Yeah the outside of the trunk feels more "solid" now but I am still getting flooded by rattling from the rear deck. I plan on stuffing some foam and/or Dynamat on there. I just installed my amp rack today and it seems to help with the sound. My rearview mirror is killing me though. Does anyone have a fix for it?

Tried to post pics. Files too big. My stupid edit won't make the pic smaller. I've been fooling with these different programs so that I can edit pics to post as well as a paint shop or something so that I can draw on pics to outline specific stuff.

Anybody have a recommendation?

Did you guys use any online tutorials or instructions for disassembling the doors and installing the dynamat? I might want to try doing it myself
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

Quote Originally Posted by Stealththx
    Yeah the outside of the trunk feels more "solid" now but I am still getting flooded by rattling from the rear deck. I plan on stuffing some foam and/or Dynamat on there. I just installed my amp rack today and it seems to help with the sound. My rearview mirror is killing me though. Does anyone have a fix for it?

yeah.....the mirror is OWNING me too....i'm gunne be dynamatting soon...or some sort of sound deadening.
    my idea for the mirror is somehow get liek.....a tightening ring or something, and just use that near the mirror connecting spot.
    like those things that people put on pipes, that u can screw to make tighter......

anyone got any better ideas???
    '03 Aspen white rex

-Infinity Kappa Perfect 12D VQ running on a MTX audio 420D.
    -Kicker SS components (6.5") running on a hifonics saturn a4000
    -60 sq. ft of edead v1.2se

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.