Subaru WRX Forum banner

Anyone Dynamat their trunk?

9K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  tracker7821 
#1 ·
My trunk rattles like its gunna fly off from a 12" HX2 power and I was wondering if anyone has dynamatted their trunk. Reason I ask is when I poked around in the trunk I couldn't figure out how to place the dynamat w/o cutting it into smaller pieces (Which would nullify the purpose of dynomat?)?

Pictures of it installed would be awesome!

#27 ·
Tried to post pics. Files too big. My stupid edit :mad: won't make the pic smaller. I've been fooling with these different programs so that I can edit pics to post as well as a paint shop or something so that I can draw on pics to outline specific stuff.

Anybody have a recommendation?

#29 ·
Stealththx said:
Yeah the outside of the trunk feels more "solid" now but I am still getting flooded by rattling from the rear deck. I plan on stuffing some foam and/or Dynamat on there. I just installed my amp rack today and it seems to help with the sound. My rearview mirror is killing me though. Does anyone have a fix for it?

yeah.....the mirror is OWNING me too....i'm gunne be dynamatting soon...or some sort of sound deadening.
my idea for the mirror is somehow get liek.....a tightening ring or something, and just use that near the mirror connecting spot.
like those things that people put on pipes, that u can screw to make tighter......

anyone got any better ideas???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.