HKS Type-0 Turbo Timer & WRX Harness

This is a discussion on HKS Type-0 Turbo Timer & WRX Harness within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Any opionions on this. Is it hard to install? I also have an aftermarket alarm installed on my car, will ...

HKS Type-0 Turbo Timer & WRX Harness

Any opionions on this. Is it hard to install? I also have an aftermarket alarm installed on my car, will I have any problems with this install due to the aftermarket alarm?

Its a little wierd too, my factory alarm still works after installing the aftermarket alarm, its like I have to alarms in my car. Do you think that this will cause any problems with the turbo timer.

Thanks,
    Adam

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You're in luck there is a related tutorial on this forum, and at least one set of instructions somewhere else on the internet.

..However, I've never heard of a TT install with 2 operational alarm systems. Assuming you didn't install the aftermarket one yourself, I'd suggest you go back and have the TT installed too. Yeah, it requires additional splicing than just the harness--PM me if you can't find the tutorial info I'm talkin about

Re: HKS Type-0 Turbo Timer & WRX Harness

silWRX,

If you had the Subaru alarm, why did you get an aftermarket alarm?

Originally posted by silWRX
    Its a little wierd too, my factory alarm still works after installing the aftermarket alarm, its like I have to alarms in my car. Do you think that this will cause any problems with the turbo timer.

I thought that the subaru alarm was'ent as good as an aftermarket one. Down the road a litte after getting the aftermarket alarm installed I figured it out that the subaru one is just as good and would of worked fine. But anyway now its too late. Ohh well now I get to hear churp churp instead of beep beep.

Live a little, spend a little, learn a little.