Valentine One DSP model?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Valentine One DSP model? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I did a search, as i just got my rex, and know if I dont start using something I'm going ...

Valentine One DSP model?

I did a search, as i just got my rex, and know if I dont start using something I'm going to get tickets. The car just feels so safe driving WAY over the speed limit.

anyway, I read something about the new Valentine One that might be coming out. I checked their website and didn't see anything at all that says anything about a new detector/locator. Does anybody here have any information?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

In theory it shouldn't really matter if you get the VOne...

They say that they will upgrade your VOne for as long as you own it whenever they come out with new technology...

So go ahead and get one, worse come to worse you have to mail it back to them for an upgrade...at least you'll be safer in the meantime.

I've been thinking about getting a police radio detector rather than a radar/laser detector...In L.A. cops rarely use them...they just pace you or watch from the overpasses...a radio detector can tell you how close a cop is because all cruisers bounce the signals whether they're on the radio or not....I haven't seen them lately though....just at truck stops way out of town.

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    if you're trying to listen for their radio, then why don't u just get a scanner and tune to the police frequency? or would there be a problem w/ that

I just broke down and ordered mine. I think I'll hardwire it up above the rearview like platnumWRX's.

Police use digital radios these days. Digital scanners are very expensive. (So I am told by my one of my officer friends.)

Originally posted by Penguinking
    if you're trying to listen for their radio, then why don't u just get a scanner and tune to the police frequency? or would there be a problem w/ that
    chickencow,

You won't regret it. My cousin was driving super slow on the way home from the track last night. I passed him and so there after the V1 started chirping, it got louder and louder for about a minute and there was the officer coming the other way. The are so helpful when cruising alone at night. My cousin didn't speed up to follow me. He saw the officer turn right after he passed me and thought that he was circling around to get me. He didn't know I was doing a measly 4 over the limit when the cop went by.

As far as the V1 DSP, I read a blurb in C&D and that was all I heard of it. Nobody has a release date and I could turn up no info on it either.

-Jim

as long as you're reading this...

do you have pictures of your hardwire? I searched and found the link to the step by step, but I think I'd do it differently. I want to mount it above the rearview (haven't seen it yet, so i'm not sure if that will work). I also don't want to hafta have as much cord showing as that guy did.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.