Boost gage placement

This is a discussion on Boost gage placement within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Where do you guys think is the best place to mount a boost gage? I want it east to see, ...

Boost gage placement

Where do you guys think is the best place to mount a boost gage? I want it east to see, not tacky looking, and no modification to the interior. Pics or your setup would be cool! Now why didn't subrau offer a boost gage on the instrument cluster?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I think you should look into the new blitz gauges that mounts on your windshield with a suction cup, those look really neat.
    Tim
    Admin

I recently came across a web site that sold a HUD that projected speed, tach, and boost on your windshield....can't remember the address though. You should mount it where its easy to look at. most people put it on their steering column so its in the "dead" spot of the tach...that way you can look down and see your tach and boost pressure at the same time.

Re: Boost gage placement

Originally posted by Z28Dan
    Where do you guys think is the best place to mount a boost gage? I want it east to see, not tacky looking, and no modification to the interior. Pics or your setup would be cool! Now why didn't subrau offer a boost gage on the instrument cluster?
    I mounted my autometer guage with cup on the top of the steering column.....2 1/16th guage looks good.....dont have any pics sorry
    01 WRX World Rally Blue

Here is my Autometer in a cup on the A-pillar.
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.

my set up

I mounted mine to the top of the cluster. It does block the left turn signal, but nothing else.

I used only the hardware that came with my autometer 52mm gauge. Cut their "C" bracket in half and made 2 "L" brackets. Then I cut two small holes in the plastic flashing. The gauge does not shake or vibrate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gauges#2 small.jpg  
    2002 Blue Wrx

Paul,

I really like your setup. Nice job!

-Jim

Yeah, I agree with Jim, nice set up. Where did you get the A-pillar gauge pod? (that's where I want to mount the gauges I plan to get). And the white faces look nice too, was that tough to do?
    -Jim

Answers

AutoMeter makes the 3 A pillar pod. $55 I got it from fastWRX.com. They also make a 2 pod.

The Indiglo gauge faces are from Ebay - $40 easy, just be very careful with your gauge needles.
    2002 Blue Wrx