Sparco Seats for WRX $$??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Sparco Seats for WRX $$?? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; For anyone that has Sparco seats in their WRX I am trying to figure out how much it would cost ...

Sparco Seats for WRX $$??

For anyone that has Sparco seats in their WRX I am trying to figure out how much it would cost for 2 of the EVO 2 seats. I would like to know the total price, everything that is needed really, seats, sliders, brackets, anything needed to get them in and working right. Thanks.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Last I looked, evo2's go for ~450/pc and 125-150 for the bracket and slider for each seat. Not cheap by any means

or buy the seats and custom fab them to your stock seat brackets and what not.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

I don't think I have the skills to do custom work, or the tools. If I can get it all for around 1200 bucks I would be happy.

My Mods

Originally posted by KanosWRX
    I don't think I have the skills to do custom work, or the tools. If I can get it all for around 1200 bucks I would be happy.

:Smack: for spending that much on seats when your on the td04
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by ebr0t
    :Smack: for spending that much on seats when your on the td04
    I disagree - you can generate just the same cornering forces at 80 mph irrespective of how fast it took you to get there

Yeah, I am getting tired of pressing my legs up against the door and center console trying to stay in one place during an auto-x. But thats just me eli, I think you will need a neck brace once you get all your power mods done

My Mods

eli, I think you will need a neck brace once you get all your power mods done

hopefully.... I can see it now.... personal injury lawyers chasing my car looking for "whiplash" victims in my passenger seat. Nothing could make me more proud of velveeta.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Yeah, I am getting tired of pressing my legs up against the door and center console trying to stay in one place during an auto-x. But thats just me eli, I think you will need a neck brace once you get all your power mods done
    trying to hold back comment on eli's driving skills!!!!

kanos got any pics of the seats u want?
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

These are the EVO 2's that I want. I have sat in them before, they are pretty comfy and fit great.

My Mods

JEff@chasteautomotive.com

email him.

"i have several sets of different Sparco Racing seats Corsa, EVO, EVO 2, all cann be shipped for under 1000 any color if you are interested let me know"

thats what we were talking about awhile back. hope he still has the same price for you =)
    Last edited by nevergivethatup; 10-06-2003 at 05:57 PM.
    NEW 03 WRX bought NOV 16th 2002
    classified as a LEMON =(
    NEW 04 WRX traded with 03 lemon
    AUGUST 31st 2003

work for HONDA drives a SUBARU =p

I Support ClubWRX
    These are the EVO 2's that I want. I have sat in them before, they are pretty comfy and fit great.

Racing seats should always be snug but most importantly comfy(not like a LAZBOY however). Obviously Sparco isn't the only manufacturer of quality seats, look into options offered by OMP, Cobra, etc....as well as within the Sparco range itself.

The EVO 2 is for fat people by the way. There is an EVO 3 as well, but that is essentially a cloth covered lawn chair with 'Sparco' embroidered on it. Cobra offers bigger sizes for almost every model of their range, listed as GT(gigantic trunk perhaps).

The problem is finding a place that has the seats so you can try them out, I found a place near me that has about 10-15 different seats on display and the EVO-2 felt the best for me. I am about 200 pounds and pretty tall so they work for me as the EVO 2 was designed for people over 200 pounds, and the EVO 3 is about 1.25 inches wider, but probably to wide for me. I sat in the Sparco Torino's but it felt just a tiny bit to small. But I will deffinetly go try them all out again before I purchase them. The other seat I want to try is the Fighter, its like a EVO 1.5 (size wise) but is meant for more street use, it has extra protection where you would rub getting in and out of the car, and since its a daily driver this may be a better option.
    Last edited by KanosWRX; 10-07-2003 at 09:17 AM.

My Mods

Does that seat recline? I read somewhere that if you have a racing seat that doesn't recline, your back starts to hurt on long trips. Just something to think about if you use your car for daily driving. I personally like the look of the sparco Milano, but it is a pricey chair.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by MasiveMunkey
    Does that seat recline? I read somewhere that if you have a racing seat that doesn't recline, your back starts to hurt on long trips. Just something to think about if you use your car for daily driving. I personally like the look of the sparco Milano, but it is a pricey chair.
    Actually this is a little bit wrong. Assuming you choose a proper fitting seat that is snug and comfortable, the fixed back is not usually an issue(assuming your driving position is also good). More often than not, people sit too far from their steering and their seat backs are too reclined(leading to them resting less on the actual seat and holding themselves up more with their own efforts). This is a major contribution to back aches....ie people not making proper use of their seatbacks by reclining too far.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.