My car got ripped off!

This is a discussion on My car got ripped off! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My 2004 WRX has an '02/'03 gauge cluster. I noticed it on my way home from the dealership when I ...

My car got ripped off!

My 2004 WRX has an '02/'03 gauge cluster. I noticed it on my way home from the dealership when I bought the car about 2 months ago, but everyone I asked told me that the center tach was just an STi thing, and my car was normal. So today I got a chance to look at some other '04s and their instrument clusters actually match their interior. I compared build dates because I thought my car might just be an earlier '04, but nope. Mine was 3/03 and his was 1/03, so it really doesn't make sense. Maybe one of the guys at the dealership wanted my gauge cluster for his car or something? Or maybe my car is one of a few freak WRXs? Maybe Subaru had a few extra '03 clusters to use up? Any ideas?

-Kellie

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It doesn't have the red guages? Take that back to the dealer right away and demand they fix it, the 04's should have the tach in the center. Maybe report them to SOA as well if you bought this car new off the lot like that.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Lucky you. I woulda bought the 04 if it had the gauge cluster like that. This is one of the main reasons that I got the 03.
    Mmmmm Kitty,,, the other red meat.

Please note: no cats were harmed in any way during the making of this post. But there is always later.

It was the opposite for me. One of the main reasons I wanted the '04 over the '03 was the center tach. It's not a big, huge deal, I just think it looks cooler. I'm definitely going to go back this week and have a little chat with the folks over at Burt Subaru. Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by Zoombaru
    [B One of the main reasons I wanted the '04 over the '03 was the center tach.[/B]
    What? And you still bought it knowing the car had a different cluster anyway???
    2003 Subaru Impreza WRX (Cobb Stage2)
    2001 Honda CR-V SE

Actually, gr8-wrx, we didn't go into the dealership intending to buy the car, we were just comparing prices at the time, and the decision to go ahead and buy was really last minute. I had driven WRXs before, so we didn't bother with a test drive. The first time I actually sat in the car I was buying, was when I was driving ot off the lot. We ended up leaving the dealership after they had closed, it was really late at night, and I didn't notice the lack of center-tach until I was halfway home because I was so excited about the car. Plus I was used to the '02 gauges anyway since I used to drive a 2002 RS.

Does your steering wheel have the red MOMO arrow or the yellow MOMO arrow? Maybe someone switched at the dealer like you said. My '04 has red needles and a red MOMO.
    ????
    mike
    Creeping up on creeping for a decade.
    Bugeye Mafia V2 #322

Yup, it's red. Everything else on my car seems normal.

did the dealership fix this for you?

I called up a speedo repair shop and asked them if they knew of anything I could do. They said that there is one company in the entire country that can set mileage on digital odometers, and they're in California. So I got their number, gave them a call, and they were very helpful. Then I called up the parts department at the dealership and the manager said that she would check into it for me. That was about 2 weeks ago and I still haven't heard back, so I need to give them another call.

Kelly,
    good lcuk with that and I was curious if you had gotten that taken care of...now I know.

Kory