Stereo and clock quit!!!

This is a discussion on Stereo and clock quit!!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Help me!!! I installed an air intake guage today in my drivers side air vent, nothing to serious all i ...

Stereo and clock quit!!!

Help me!!! I installed an air intake guage today in my drivers side air vent, nothing to serious all i had to do was pop off the bottom dash panel and unscrew a few things, but now that i have everything together my stereo won't trun on, the clock won't work and my rear defroster doesn't turn on!!!!
    i've searched everywhere for a loose connection or for a blown fuse and nothing!
    has anyone ever had this happen to them before, if so what did you do to fix it, or should i take it back to the dealership and see if they can fix it, hopefully the warranty isn't voided!!!
    ohh it's so annoying!!!!
    WRB '03 WRX
    all the good stuff from STi, COBB, Hotchkis, Perrin, Apex-i, Rota, ScoobySports, and Yokohama

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you check the radio fuse under the hood, that would account for the Stearo and the Clock, i blew that last weekend while relocating my factory clock. I do see that you said you checked the fuses, but i just wanted to make sure, other than that maby you cut some wires, hope ya find the source of the problem.
    2003 WR Blue WRX - Godspeed Up/Down pipe - Prodrive Axel Back - MBC (14.75psi in 3rd) - 220 WHP on Dynopak (93oct)

Yeah - I had the same thing... it was fuse in the engine compartment. Details of all these fuses can be found in your owners manual (a little fact that I did not know when mine went!).

hmmm i may have to check that one out, i wasn't aware that there was a fuse for it under the hood, i hope thats it
    i knew there was one in the fuse box under the dash.
    I also noticed that my auto-dimmimng mirror and compass doesn't work
    it's just odd since the backlights in the stereo turn on, but thats it.
    WRB '03 WRX
    all the good stuff from STi, COBB, Hotchkis, Perrin, Apex-i, Rota, ScoobySports, and Yokohama

That particular fuse controls a lot of stuff - my keyless entry didn't work either!!

Yar, i dont think they label'd the fuses very well at all, i could have sworn there was a fuse with the radio label in side the car, but i couldn't get it to do anything for me hehe. Oh well that what we get for having a car actually made in Japain.

Yeah - the labelling sucks. Take my advice and just pull every fuse in the engine compartment and check them one by one.

AHHHhhhhh!!!
    so annoying
    bought a fuse tester, checked every fuse in the dash and every fuse under the hood every fuse is ok
    Guess it's time to tear the dash apart and look for loose connections, either that or it's a sign to buy a new stereo for it and re-wire the mirror to another power source
    WRB '03 WRX

A fuse tester - those ones in the engine compartment you can just pull and look at them to see if the wire is intact. It really does sound like a blown fuse to me, but if you have checked everything, I would take it to the dealer as you must have a short or something. Recheck all the wiring you touched when you installed your gauge.