Indiglo guage questions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Indiglo guage questions within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've been looking into getting the indiglo gauges and saw them reasonably priced at vividracing. Does anyone happen to know ...

Indiglo guage questions

I've been looking into getting the indiglo gauges and saw them reasonably priced at vividracing. Does anyone happen to know if the install is very difficult? I know it's all relative but I just wanted to get some idea of what people thought. I was also wondering if there is way to give the column mounted Subaru boost gauge the same appearance. Or, would I just have to get a new gauge? Thanks....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I got the indiglo gauges from Vividracing. They weren't hard at all to install. You just have to be very careful sliding the face over the needles. Their AWSOME!!!! Although you'll find yourself playing with all the colors going down the road hehe. As for the column mounted boost gauge, I'm sure it's not that hard. I made my own gauge pack using Subaru's gauge housing. The Boost gauge is a snap to hook up!!!!

Sorry about the boost gauge comment. I misread your thread. MY bad!!! The Autometer Phantom gauges go really good with the white face.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick response Cuda. I know it goes without saying. I'm just showing my gratitude.

VividRacing have the worst customer service in the business and have made a habit of lying about the status of peoples orders and their level of stock inventory. Read feedback here Vivid Feedback which initially contained positive reviews, but more recently has shown a barrage of negative responses.

I strongly recommend that you do yourself a favor and order the indiglo overlay from www.procarparts.com instead.

-Pace
    Last edited by pace; 04-19-2002 at 11:53 AM.

I got indiglo guages on my previous car (Integra Type-R) and after about a week I ripped them out. They get REALLY annoying. They're WAY too bright at night and will blind you, and if you crank them down, since the numbers aren't lit up you can't see them. Also, they're so bright that they reflect on just about every window in your car (especially if they're tinted) making them even more annoying and blinding you no matter which window you're looking out of. They look cool, but they're real easy to get sick of. And they make night driving a real pain.

One more thing

When you install them hook them up to a 12V ingnition source other than the dash lights.

If you try to dim your lights the indiglo will not work. - so simply use a diferent source.

I found this out the hard way and had to re-wire them.

I have no problem with mine at night.
    2002 Blue Wrx

Guys,

Dont waste your money on indiglo gauges. My friend put them in his Acura Legend, and you are blinded by the brightness of them at night. You cant drive b/c its like a flashlight is shining in your face. Personally, I bought the reverse indiglo gauges off Ebay for my WRX, and they are great. Just like the stock gauges, only indiglo (to math all my blue electronics and gauges ) They were $69.99. Do a search for Indoglo gauges on ebay, and then take a look at the reverse indiglo. They are great.

-Rob

procarparts indiglo

has anyone gotten the indiglo guages from procarparts.com? cause they are way cheaper then the ones on vividracing...i was wondering if they are crappy or not.

No way, not cheap at all... It was an easy install, looks great in the daytime, and looks great at night. I paid $65 from procarparts.com. But I think the price has gone down. Paying $100 for indiglo gauges is robbery!

-- Rich

Has anyone used the reverse indiglo package from procarparts.com? How do they look?

I got my reverse indiglo from i-club from a vendor...indiglo167 for only 55 dollars shipped! his email is indiglo167@prodigy.net
    i received mine in the mail on a timely manner. he promised instructions however forgot to put em in. i emailed him and he emialed me the instructions promptly. they come with pictures. good deal good service good looks. dont get normal indiglo...it will burn your eyes out when u drive!! well, more like a flashlight in your face. reverse is better.

Also all my guages are black face....Are these reverse indiglo white? Are there any which are black?

DuckRide

the reverse indiglo gauges are white faced and have blue numbers. the numbers turn blue or green.

Indiglow gauges

I just got my indiglow gauges in the mail today and am wondering, before take apart the dash...will I have to do any wire splicing, or do you just plug in the little harnesses? Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast