Stock HU - testing the waters

This is a discussion on Stock HU - testing the waters within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am buying a new stereo to replace the stock HU - getting a Blaupunkt MP3000 if anyone cares. I'm ...

Stock HU - testing the waters

I am buying a new stereo to replace the stock HU - getting a Blaupunkt MP3000 if anyone cares.

I'm definitely going to sell the HU, I've seen them on ebay going for between $150 and $200. If I decide to sell it here, how much should I reasonably ask for a perfect condition HU used for 7 months?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

when i sold mine it had only been used for about 2months (800miles) and i had a hard time selling it so i finally sold it for like 75$$. It sucks but it was cash in my pocket.
    2002 bugeyes
    It just looks stock . . .

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by fatalbertswrx
    when i sold mine it had only been used for about 2months (800miles) and i had a hard time selling it so i finally sold it for like 75$$. It sucks but it was cash in my pocket.
    Mine was 3 or 4 months old when I ebayed it, and I think I got $200 for it. For me, it all comes down to: how much is it worth to me sitting in a box in my closet? Practically zero, since I had no intention of ever putting it back in the car. I was willing to take as little as $40 for it.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Mine was 3 or 4 months old when I ebayed it, and I think I got $200 for it. For me, it all comes down to: how much is it worth to me sitting in a box in my closet? Practically zero, since I had no intention of ever putting it back in the car. I was willing to take as little as $40 for it.
    That sounds more like it. These are sort of in-demand, at least cause the STi comes with nothing but fits these plug and play style. I have lots of closet space, so I'll wait it out for at least $150. Thanks for the tips guys.