Help wiring autometer gauges
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help wiring autometer gauges within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have searched everywhere but to no avail. I am going to install autometer ultra lite electric egt, electric oil ...

Help wiring autometer gauges

I have searched everywhere but to no avail. I am going to install autometer ultra lite electric egt, electric oil pressure, and electric oil temperature. I don't need help with wiring the senders. I do need help hooking the gauges up to the electrical system. I am installing these gauges in the center pod where the clock sits now. Should I use the wires that ran to the clock previously? If so what wires are what? What have others used for their power sources? Is there any way I could hook up the gauges so they dim with the rest of the interior? I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I cannot for the life of me find this information posted clearly anywhere (NASIOC, scoobymods).
    Last edited by Richie03; 09-25-2003 at 08:36 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

for the switch power so that the light comes on when you turn on your headlights, maxima guys tap the positive into the dimmer switch that controls the dash brightness.

hope this link takes you to the guage and pod install where it has some info, if not then its on the site somewhere

http://www.maximadriver.com/modules....rder=0&thold=0
    1997 Nissan Maxima 5-speed, Nitrous

If you want to use the dimmer, make sure you use the Illumination (+) and the Illumination (-) since the Illumination (-) is not just ground... it actually changes voltage.

This works ok on mine, but I have an indiglo face on the gauges... it would work better with other lighting.

I found this wiring diagram. From this I gather I should use the red wire (+) and white with blue wire (-) to power the gauge. I should use the yellow wire (+) and blue wire (-) for the lighting of the gauge. This would allow me to dim the gauges with the rest of the interior lighting. Note the wires I will be tapping will be at the harness. Is this correct? Can anyone varify that I have the wire colors correct?

edit: Just to clarify, this pic is of the oem gauge pod wiring.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gauge pod.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.