STI shift trim installed - PIX-
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on STI shift trim installed - PIX- within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Here are some pix of my new STI shift trim on my 2004 WRX impreza. Does it look alright? http://www.dtmpower.net/ppost2/data/500/2510sti6.jpg ...

STI shift trim installed - PIX-

Here are some pix of my new STI shift trim on my 2004 WRX impreza. Does it look alright?

http://www.dtmpower.net/ppost2/data/500/2510sti6.jpg

http://www.dtmpower.net/ppost2/data/500/2510sti2.jpg

http://www.dtmpower.net/ppost2/data/500/2510sti3.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sti4.jpg  
    Last edited by samurixx; 09-24-2003 at 10:58 PM.
    05 Blue STI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks good man.
    "Boost, it's the #2 replacement for displacement"

must have been easy to install huh
    1997 Nissan Maxima 5-speed, Nitrous

It was easy, but you have to do some work to get the trim to fit.
    05 Blue STI

Originally posted by samurixx
    It was easy, but you have to do some work to get the trim to fit.

I know, Ive installed one before you should know who I am by now

drool!!!!!!!! i never thought much of it before but it looks really good. I put a momo boot and air leather knob on when i first got my rex. If i wanted to put the trim on would i have to remove the boot again or does it just sit ontop???

Whats a wrx impreza?
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

You would need to take the boot off, because you have to modify the plastic so the Trim can fit, Our stock is just a little to small.

To answer the other question the imperza is the sedan not the STI of the WRX.
    05 Blue STI

Can someone write up an idiot proof install. Like, very specific. I really wanna add that to my interrior, I think that would look sooo cool, but I dont wanna mess anything up. I am not sure how to take off the shift boot, or anything like that. Please help me out, I wanna be sure I can install it before I order it.

It looks sooo GREAT!

brian
    2004 Silver WRX

Anyone used the replica one from gruppe-s?
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Originally posted by BriSalig
    Can someone write up an idiot proof install. Like, very specific. I really wanna add that to my interrior, I think that would look sooo cool, but I dont wanna mess anything up. I am not sure how to take off the shift boot, or anything like that. Please help me out, I wanna be sure I can install it before I order it.

It looks sooo GREAT!

brian
    You may be better off buying the wrx impreza trim since its a direct fit. the STI trim is slightly larger and requires you to dremel off the plastic trim so that the sti trim will fit in. Your not done just yet- now you have to custom mount the shift boot to the frame since now it wont fit into the retainer clip pieces. now you have to dremel off parts of the boot trim so that you can use the bolts that hold on the STI trim and bolt the boot trim to that trim. It was actually not that hard for me, just need some time and dexterity.

better yet- just buy the wrx trim. If you still dying for the STI trim then its all on you to figure out what fabrication you need to do since you really cant explain it by words other than what I just typed.

Actually, there is an alternative to having the authentic STi trim without having to cut up the center console piece. What you could do is order an STi trim and a console piece for an STi. I think I've heard that the piece goes for about $20 or so. I just modified my console. I found a regular hobby knife worked better to create the grooves instead of a dremmel. To disamble that part of the interior, just unscrew the shift know. Then put your hands at the bottom of the shift boot and underneath the plastic on both sides and just pull up. That center plastic piece is only held on with a few pop-in connections. Once you pull it out and put the trim to it, you will understand what needs to be done.
    '04 WRB WRX Sedan

I used a dremel, I have the pics of how i dremeled it. I'll have ot upload them someday.

i need help on this
    please reply
    i cant get the sti trim screw on
    where do i screw it on to??? do i take the boot off the plastic ring and then what i do ??????????????

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.