wires in the back of the stereo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on wires in the back of the stereo within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys, i just got the line out converter so i could hookup my sup with standard rca inputs. Does ...

wires in the back of the stereo

hey guys,
    i just got the line out converter so i could hookup my sup with standard rca inputs. Does anyone know what the different wires on the back of the deck go to. I need the right rear speaker positive and negative, the left rear pos and neg, and the ground, but im sure that will be easy to find

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I also need the same info. I also got a Line Out Converter this weekend. Anyone have the wiring schematic for the Subaru subwoofer underneath the seat. I would like to splice into it instead of taking out the entire cd changer/radio. I need to know what color wires in this harness are for the speaker in the sub and what color the remote wire is for the amp I am putting in. I HATE SPLICING
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)
    Last edited by KurleeDaddeeWRX; 04-13-2002 at 05:52 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I found some info on the factory sub wiring diagram.

http://i-club.com/forums/showthread....hreadid=161540

Can anyone confirm that these are correct?

I would help out but they disabled the search function on i-club...wtf

I remember finding pin outs of the head unit and subwoofer on there before but that was months ago and I cant do a damn search to find anything
    2003 WRX this summer
    GregFarz3@excite.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/gregfarz78

Like free MP3's? Join my club, mention clubwrx.net
    Audiophilez

I Support ClubWRX
    I did the installation on my car today and installed my amp and subwoofer in the trunk. It only took me 7 HOURS. I had to take apart the whole center console, take out the back seat, and run the wires over the hump and under the back seat. I installed a line out converter and placed it with double sided tape on top of the security module for the alarm under the armrest in the center console. I also had to find an HOT wire that turned on and off with the ignition. I found one under the back seat. I have no idea where it went to but I spliced into it and it works fine. I also installed an on/off switch into the the center console on one of those factory block offs so I can turn my amp on and off independently from the ignition. All in all, it wasn't too bad. Now I have to tune in my suboofer so it sounds a little better. Just remember, if you are splicing into the factory subwoofers wires, the red wire does not turn on and off with the igniton. I found that out the hard way.
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

I Support ClubWRX

Updated Thread and Pics

Finally got some pictures of where I installed my amp and my 10" Bazooka with Rockford Fosgate Punch subwoofer which I replace the stock SAS sub because it blew up. It doesn't look too profesional, and I know the bungy cords look awful, but I have always been a functionality over looks kind of person my whole life. The bungy cords don't allow the sub to slide around back and forth inside the trunk when I am canyon carving. The amp is stationary, even though it has wires going everywhere. and the blue box to the left of everything is my tool box/emergency kit. I have oil, flashlight and my tool box inside. Don't know when you will need that stuff. I put two bolts through the blue container and into the spare tire cover so it also doesn't move back and forth.

The red switch I installed is for my amp. I can turn my amp on and off at will, even though the stereo system is still part of the ignition circuit. FYI.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)
    Last edited by KurleeDaddeeWRX; 09-01-2002 at 03:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.