Factory gauge pack?

This is a discussion on Factory gauge pack? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Could someone tell me the temperature range on the Oil Temperature Gauge that comes in the factory performance gauge pack. ...

Post Performance Gauge Pack

Could someone tell me the temperature range on the Oil Temperature Gauge that comes in the factory performance gauge pack. Autometer makes several oil temp gauges in the series I have but I'm not sure what temp range I need. Also, does any one know if the factory oil temp gauge is electrical or mechanical?

thanks,

Punk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't quote me on this but they should all be electric, otherwise an airhose would have to be capped off in the dash. Hopefully that will hold you over until someone who knows what they are talking about posts. G/L
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.

daytontp

Post Performance Gauge Pack

Does anybody know the size of the 3 gauges in the factory Performance Gauge Pack? What is the diameter of each of the 3 gauges? Are they 2" or 2 1/6"? They appear to be kinda small. I want to buy the factory housing without the gauges, then buy 3 VDO gauges and install the whole thing myself.

There are 2 dealership in SC that are charging $638 parts plus $250 installation. Which is $888, you could buy 10 gauges for that price.

ForceFed4

Thumbs down

Err, Damn. The factory gauge pack is only supposed to cost someting like $430, at least the last time I checked on it. Still not cheap, but a far cray from $800.

God

Umm you can do Defi gauges with pod for under $800. Forget the factory gauges. In fact I don't even think EGT gauge is part of the package which is the most important gauge to have apart from boost.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

Originally posted by God:
    Umm you can do Defi gauges with pod for under $800. Forget the factory gauges. In fact I don't even think EGT gauge is part of the package which is the most important gauge to have apart from boost.
    Are the Defi gauges the same size or can bigger ones fit in the pod?
    Ride on!
    Road Runner a.k.a. Mark

God

If you use the Defi pod you use 60mm gauges which is the perfect size IMO. Easy to read.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

I got the factory gauge pod as an option when I ordered my car. I paid through the nose for it: almost $950. It was professionally installed and is covered under the factory warranty, but I could've gotten it from Subaruparts.com for $480+$25 S/H and then had any performance shop install it for me. Just goes to show you how easy it is to waist money when you are in a hurry to own a really kick ass new car.

FYI the "performance gauge package" in boost in bar, voltage, and oil temp in degC. If I had it to do all over again, I would get the factory housing ($50) and sandwich in slightly larger gauges (boost in psi, EGT, and fuel/air). I might have thrown the voltage and oil temp on the A-pillar. Now, I'll be putting my exhaust gauges (EGT and A/F) on the A-pillar instead.

-Jim

Factory gauge pack?

Hi. I'm planning to add some gauges to my WRX, and I've got a few questions:

Should I get the factory gauge pack? How's the quality of those gauges?

I'd prefer in-dash installment, as I don't really like the pillar pods and the like. What's the maximum gauge size if I want to use the factory housing? I can't find it anywhere. Any other suggested housings?

Also, what would you consider to be the most important three gauges? I was leaning towards boost, oil temp., and oil pressure, with voltage through the turbo timer. I don't plan to heavily tune the car. I'd prefer a dual temp/press. gauge to free up one slot, but I haven't been able to find one.

Thanks.
    -Emil Aalto

eaalto,

I merged all of the threads about the factory gauge pack. You could've found all of this information by searching for "factory gauge pack."

I hope this helps.

-Jim