Defi vs. the world....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Defi vs. the world.... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Looking at getting center pod gauges (the A pillar thing looks cool in pix and when I'm a passenger, but ...

Defi vs. the world....

Looking at getting center pod gauges (the A pillar thing looks cool in pix and when I'm a passenger, but for some reason when I'm driving the center pod feels more natural, less like there's stuff "hanging over" me.

I've got three questions I need help on

1. Thanks to CARB my car is only moderately modded (Perrin hoses, Cobb reflash, catback exhaust, Protorque TC) and barring a change in smog laws, will probably stay that way. I was planning on going with Boost, EGT and oil pressure as my center pod trio. Does anyone have alternative suggestions?

2. I was leaning toward Defi gauges and wanted people's opinions pro or con...I don't mind paying for quality, if you've got a better suggestion, feel free. On a vaguely related note, I was thinking about either trying to match the stock color (green w/yellow) or switching the entire interior to blue. Thoughts? Oh, and I'd prefer Imperial measurements -- I'd probably crash while
    doing the math to convert Celsius to Farenheit...

3. Wanted to go center pod and mount them slightly angled -- recommendations on how to do this? I've seen a few possibilities around, but only for Omori....is that custom work or is there a face made for this and at what sizes?
    Last edited by Joe_Newbie; 09-10-2003 at 12:49 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well if you were hoping for Imperial measurments, Defi is not the way to go. They only come in metric. But they're sweet gauges anyways. If I had the money, they would already be in my car.
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

I thought the D-gauges were imperial since they're supposed to be for the US?

Or is there something wrong with them?

==================

If Defi is indeed counted out, what do you recommend instead?

Im not sure if the D-series are imperial or metric. I'm talking about the new BF-series. http://godspeed.hack.net/defi.html These are very nice guages that I have been looking into. However, i don't have enough money to be paying 250+ for a boost guage.
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

Dang, those things rock --- I knew I should've learned the metric system better back in school!

If the guage shows -2C and you are in doubt of what it means just stick your head out the window You will soon learn that it means it's cold

Anyways I tought the defi came in imperials too !?
    http://www.defi-shop.com/

I think the defi's are good.. Well they look good in the pictures, it's expensive but I think it's worth it. Have'nt seen them in person though..
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

uhhhh, i have the Defi-Link gauges and mine are imperial

they arent the ones that are black and then white on startup....

mine, you can see the numbers when they are off, and they light up green and match the dash pretty well...

and the control unit

whoops, i guess some defi guages do come in imperial.

What size is the hole in the center pod? 52 or 60mm
    Aspen White 2003 WRX
    COBB STG 2
    SQC #076

60mm for the true defi pod. others may vary. Unless you used defi gauges and it was an authentic defi pod you might have to dremel a little. But thats life.. they might supply rubber pieces to help fit 52mm in there. I know these rubber pieces exist whether they come with all defi pods or not its another story..

They come with rubber pieces, but I'm not sure if it's just for the 60mm ones or if they are adapters for 52mm guages.

I want to get the defi pod but the defi gauges are $$$ any alternates with US imperial measurements in a 52mm or 60mm size gauge.
    Aspen White 2003 WRX
    COBB STG 2
    SQC #076

Defi gauges own!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gauges_night_inside.jpg  
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gauges_day_off.jpg  
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

last
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gauges_day_on.jpg  
    -Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast