Sparco Installed!!! Review Inside... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Sparco Installed!!! Review Inside... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; got a set of those in my integra with schroth 3 point harnesses also got another set in the next ...

got a set of those in my integra with schroth 3 point harnesses also got another set in the next room that are suppose to go in the talon... got em while i was in Germany so cheap if i told you guys what i paid you'll probably cry.....

i like em had em in my integra almost 2 years.. and i even took 3+ hour trips in them and was quite comfortable.... they do sit rather low but the looks on peoples face when you open the door is worth it to me.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

don't anchor them in the rear seatbelt bolts. you want them anchored less than 6" below your shoulders. since you aren't worried about using the rear seats anyway, at the very least get yourself a good harness bar so you can mount those harnesses right. otherwise you stand the chance of those harnesses trying to at the least snap your clavicles, and at the most crush you.

other than that they look good. IT'S HARNESS BAR TIME!
    05 STi...not stock

I Support ClubWRX
    Ideally you want harnesses as horzontally mounted as possible, 25deg is the max deviation. Other than getting a harness bar behind the seats, you can also look into getting an eyelet screw(FIA approved) fitted to where the rear seatbelts anchor over the shoulder. Of course, should you want to ever use the rear seats, you'd want easy clip-in mount rings.

i would love to get something like that but
    more airbags=good
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by BoostedBoxer
    i would love to get something like that but
    more airbags=good
    I'm the opposite, I personally feel that airbags were some of the worst things GM invented. They are expensive and in my opinion the money could be better spent making the car stronger(say strong integrative rollcage). The money could also be spent developing better harness systems(Ford is contemplating 4points). In the case of an off angle crash(enough to trigger airbag, but car still somewhat driveable) you have no chance of recovery as your arms are splayed away from the steering and your vision disappears as a big white bag smacks you in the face.

So I exaggerate, and so I'm old school.....I just wished that airbags were an option and that I could save the cost of those 4 we have for something else in the name of safety.

NIce car.. The seats look nice. But you should get yourself some better\niceer belts.. 3" or 4" real 4 or 6 points with a quickrelase. like this http://www.ompracing.it/detail.html?...code=DA/434N/4
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

5'5" 115 hell even my gf is 118lbs lol

those seats get really uncomfortable after about an hour or more on a long trip, i had one in my 92 MR2 and it actually gave me back trouble so when i get a new chair for my scooby it'll definitely be reclinable with lumbar support

Registered User Oo DaRk StAr oO's Avatar
    I was in 3 hours of traffic two days ago. Seats felt gorgeous!!! I still love them to death!!!!
    BRS Autodesign | Sportmax Racing | Falken Tyres | Seibon | C2 Power
    http://www.socalspyders.com/gallery/files/1/sig.jpg
    2001 Toyota MR2-S | So Cal Spyders | Car Domain Site

but does yours have lumbar support? recline?
    It is better to have others think that you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

02 WRX 44k - sold 2/28/5
    96 Corolla 128k
    92 Corolla 160k
    88 Accord 208k
    90 Voyager 242k

Another nice Sparco seat are the EVO 2's.
    Before my WRX, I had some in my civic... I loved those seats.
    "Boost, it's the #2 replacement for displacement"

does anyone know where i can sit in a non-recline sparco or any sparco type of high quality race seat? i mean i love the look of sparcos and i imagine they will be alot tighter than the stock wrx seats and will hold your shoulders in alot better as well. the only problem i can think of with the sparco torinos is it doesnt look like they will hold your hips in very well.

any downsides to these seats darkstar?
    Last edited by mmm...STI; 03-02-2004 at 10:51 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Buying seats(especially racing seats...which the Torinos aren't) are a personal choice. I suggest going to a near by tuning shop to get fitting for the seats you are interested in.

your right, i shouldnt have said "race seat" cause i know any reclinable seat really isnt a "race seat" its more like a show seat or something, i dont know. i just want a seat that holds me very well and is harness capable. its just that sparcos look so darn sexy. and i loved how the evo seats held me during the test drive.

those seats are nice..just not comfortable for person my width. i hated getting into them..but they look nice though

frederick
    Hks up/dp/ebc/ti exh; TeIN springs:
    kartboy ss; blitz bov; volk gt-c

...n we're just getting started

13.4@99mph

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by mmm...STI
    your right, i shouldnt have said "race seat" cause i know any reclinable seat really isnt a "race seat" its more like a show seat or something, i dont know. i just want a seat that holds me very well and is harness capable. its just that sparcos look so darn sexy. and i loved how the evo seats held me during the test drive.
    You could perhaps opt for a less bolstered race seat that'll serve your purposes. In the case of typical loftier sport seats, you'll still be able to use a harness, albeit usually at most 4point.

Contrary to belief, there are some race seats(as mandated by FIA) that have recline....and many sidemounts offer recline with their many mount positions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.