is the wrx a bass trap?

This is a discussion on is the wrx a bass trap? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; sup guys, i have a hatchback 94 integra and my system sounds great in it, but im gonna be getting ...

is the wrx a bass trap?

sup guys, i have a hatchback 94 integra and my system sounds great in it, but im gonna be getting a wrx soon and am wondering if its a bass trap. also, for those of you with systems that hit hard, r there any rattles? thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hehe, subaru's are known for their rattles actually, even before adding bass. I hate all those noises the car makes, but I just roll down the windows.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

The doors on the WRX rattle like a b*tch...its the most annoying thing in the world. When I install my kicker I plan on buying new door speakers, shaving the plastic area around where the speaker is held (there is a thread somewhere that tells you how to do it) and perhaps a bit of dynomatting.

I used Raamat 60 on the doors and it stopped the rattling. The rattling was bad even on the base sound system.
    2002 WRX WRB

i'm running two 10" fosgate XLC's and a punch 450. the rattles i had to take care of were the rear dash deck, and the front dash piece under the windshield.

i used little rubber rings cur from vaccuum line as shims to shut it all up.

it's worked pretty well for over a year, but now my driver door rattles. i'm going to take it apart and possibly dynamat the suckers. it will hopefully quell some of the road noise too on the highway.

dR

the rear deck use to rattle like crazy...but once that was taken care of ...not that big a deal// but the outside still rattles like crazy. so if you are worried about what people outside your car hear then you will need to dynomat the trunk at least

frederick
    Hks up/dp/ebc/ti exh; TeIN springs:
    kartboy ss; blitz bov; volk gt-c

...n we're just getting started

13.4@99mph

I've got an 04 wagon with a JL 12W3 and I don't have any rattles. I dunno if they'll come later, but none so far. *knocks on wood*
    '04 JBP Wagon 5MT

mine have seem to rattle one of my tail lights out a litttle

frederick

13.4@99mph

I put in my sub when the car was brand new and there were no rattles. Now a year later, one rattle after another came around and I think I'm going to have to invest in some dynamat.
    "You have a sunburn, mmm, like chokolada, ahhh, it's you, me and Pina Colada."

ya i'm definitely gonna add some dynamat later on, but i just hope it doesnt rattle right when i buy the car. how does bass sound in the car? i've heard that some cars like mercedes and bmw really kill bass, and i was wondering if the wrx is like them.

no way like a bmw or mercedes....the wall is a metal wall in there car...not like the cardboard that we have. so no we wont have that same problem

frederick

13.4@99mph

Aw, come on. You can use the rattles as an improvised SPL meter. "Look how much that's rattling! That's gotta be 140 dB!" lmao. Yeah, I'll be adding sound deadening material down the road. I'm waiting for this one guy I know online to find out which product works the best.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!