Just Installed my 3 Gauge Pillar and indiglo Gauges
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Just Installed my 3 Gauge Pillar and indiglo Gauges within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well that was not to bad. Best bet to run all the wires is to use a coat hanger. wind ...

Just Installed my 3 Gauge Pillar and indiglo Gauges

Well that was not to bad. Best bet to run all the wires is to use a coat hanger. wind all the wires around it and drop it down. Made a huge difference. Same for the boost gauge tube. I think they look pretty nice, even color coaded it to the interior. My gray was slightly off from the other pillar so I took that one off and sprayed it to. Not that hard of a job really. While I was at it I also did the hard wire Radar Detector mod, changing the left light button to an on or off with Blue LED. Also changed the ingnition green light to blue LED, lots and lots more LED stuff to come. Hope you enjoy the pics.

SKi...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails int.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

p2

p2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails int2.jpg  

p3

p3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails int3.jpg  

p4

p4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails int4.jpg  

p5

p5
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails int5.jpg  

Very sweet man I'm still waiting on my Blitz BLM gauge to get here so I can install my a pillar and gauges. What size are those? 60mm or 58mm?
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

nice man! Is that the autometer gauge pod? Did you mount it on top of the stockie or separate?

nice color scheme for sure!
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

Yup its an autometer pod, Kinda stupid that you have to mount it on top of the original and butcher it to get all the lines through there but oh well. I believe these are 21/6 inch meters, so about 60mm. Just took the car out for a little drive tonight, think I will have to put a dimmer on them, kinda bright for me, and the LED power LED I wired into the Radar Detector is way to bright, So I will have to Put another 1k ohm resistor on that. Kinda neat though cause it lights up the cabin. I will be poster more LED projects, cause my eclipse I traded in for the wrx had over 500 LED's in the tail lights, and another 200 up front. Here were some pics of my last LED projects.

Ski...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hidfinished11.jpg  

Ec

Ec
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ledfront2 copy.jpg  

ta

ta
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tailfinal3.jpg  

Oh ya what till I get done with the third brake lite in the wing, LOL can you say night rider. Thats right I'm going to make all those LED's dance when the running lights are on. I did the same thing on the Eclipse and the cops never said anything about it. Pretty entertaining.

Ski...

Check out the link, shows kinda what I'm talking about, will look even better because the WRX has more LED's accross so alot more channels to play with.

Night Rider Light

Originally posted by skispeed69
    Yup its an autometer pod, Kinda stupid that you have to mount it on top of the original and butcher it to get all the lines through there but oh well. I believe these are 21/6 inch meters, so about 60mm. ...
    Ski...
    You installed it right on top of the stock one? By any chance did the pod come with installation instructions? I installed my dual pod pilar last week but I took the stock pillar out. It doesn't fit nicely at all.

Yes it goes over the stock pillar, They don't make one that just replaces it that I know of. Yes it did come with instructions. You can't even tell its a cover, it completley covers the stock one.

Ski...

Whats the blue led light for where the map lights are?

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

That blue LED is the power LED for the radar detector, didn't really need it but looks pretty cool at night. The radar can be turned off by the left button now. I need this cause I'm active duty Air Force and we are not allowed to use detectors on the base, so all I have to do is push a button and I'm legal

Ski....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.