Speaker-to-RCA Converter Recommendations?

This is a discussion on Speaker-to-RCA Converter Recommendations? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm sure that many of you out there have installed aftermarket amp-cap-sub systems to your stock stereos. Seeing as the ...

Speaker-to-RCA Converter Recommendations?

I'm sure that many of you out there have installed aftermarket amp-cap-sub systems to your stock stereos. Seeing as the stock head unit has a changer and tape deck, I'm going to hold onto that for a while and upgrade the cabin speakers and install a sub from my previous car.

So I have to run a line-out converter to the amp off the rear speaker channel, and I was wondering what brand/model of line-out converters you would recommend. Have any of you had problems with engine-generated noise in your set-ups? Are there recommended converters with good shielding? Or does it really matter because it's all solid-state tech anyway?

Also, have any of you seen converters with built-in level controls? Not cross-overs, but a device that allows volume to the sub to be controlled independently of the rear speakers, which will all be connected to the same channel in this set-up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Try the Audio Control website
    I have the EQL - that's a 13-band Equalizer, it uses either RCA or speaker level (LOC), built in line (signal) driver. It does not have a sub level control.
    Peace!