Any suggestions on where to hide this in my WRX?

This is a discussion on Any suggestions on where to hide this in my WRX? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Looking at a 1200 watt JBL or 1500 watt Hifonics amp to run this beast... 3.5 cubic foot ported box... ...

0db

Any suggestions on where to hide this in my WRX?

Looking at a 1200 watt JBL or 1500 watt Hifonics amp to run this beast... 3.5 cubic foot ported box... and lots of dynamat.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Link not working.

Ski..

0db
    Hmm... it was working a second ago. My local server is a little sporadic.

0db
    attached:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dd9512-1.jpg  

Ahhh, thats better, well you can hide it in my WRX, I think thats the best place for it, LOL

Might/should be able to get that much air space out of the spare tire well. It would take a custom fiberglass box and you would lose the spare tire, but it should be doable.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

The link wasnt workin on MIW but now I can see what you are talkin about, that thing is huge! In the pic anyway. I have two 10s I need to put in, I have the box already but no money for an amp yet.
    My woman hates the money pit
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

0db
    Originally posted by bdoug
    Might/should be able to get that much air space out of the spare tire well. It would take a custom fiberglass box and you would lose the spare tire, but it should be doable.
    I think that's going to be my plan of attack - I may even just use the front half of the rear end and raise the floor a bit, and leave a dropped floor area near the liftgate for a little more storage space. I'll start messing with it and see how far I can go without making it so bad I'll never be able to return to stock.

Damn good choice in sub.
    PM me if you're in the need for high speed affordable video hosting.

0db
    Originally posted by 2fast4uWRX
    Damn good choice in sub.
    Thanks - I got it used, and with some cosmetic damage (never mind the fact that the USPS dropped it and cracked the basket - that will be taken care of) in trade for an amp worth less than $150, so I think it was a pretty solid deal, even considering the hassle of dealing with the shipping damage. I'm hoping it will fulfill all my wildest expectations if I house it properly and feed it well.

Is that a Digital Designs sub? Also, I think you'd want to put that in a bigger box than what you would be able to get from the spare tire well. Just my opinion since I'm guessing your going for SPL with this system.. heh Oh and I think you'll hit more than 0dB.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

i put a 15 incher in my spare tire well...for somthing that deep your going to need to build up the top a lot more..but it should have enough airspace..

0db
    The sub is a DD 9512, dual 2-ohm coils.

I'm thinking even if I do the spare well, I may mount the sub inverted, with the motor sticking up - that would save me a lot of box depth, and the motor is a lot safer from damage than the cone would be.

My goal isn't really max SPL, but I had an opportunity to get the sub for a good deal, so I figured why not? I've heard in a well done install, they are an excellent sounding sub, and just happen to be capable of insanely high levels of volume. I'll probably never tax the thing. If it ends up being too much sub for the car, it will find a new job in my home theater. Maybe pick up a 1200-watt Crown professional amplifier for it or something.