Help with Oil Pres Gauge install

This is a discussion on Help with Oil Pres Gauge install within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, I'm pretty good with cars but this has me stumped. I got an DC oil pressure gauge from the ...

Help with Oil Pres Gauge install

Ok, I'm pretty good with cars but this has me stumped. I got an DC oil pressure gauge from the internet. Opened the box and I only see the gauge. Thought it would of come with better instructions. It shows a sender unit in the instructions but it did not come with one. Can I piggy back this to the Factory Sender unit or do I have to get another sender unit?? Any help would be great. Thanks

Ski...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't think it will work with the factory sender. The factory sender is hooked to the low oil press. idiot light in the dash. I don't believe it is a full range sensor.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

You're going to need a sender unit. Also, you will probably need the oil gally bolt from Subaru or an oil filter adapter to get it hooked up.

Unless... :shudder: it's a mechanical OP gauge. Then you would need to run oil line into the cabin to feed it. NOT RECOMMENDED!

You my need a NPT to BSPT adaptor plug for the sending unit. (the thread pattern is differant) The subaru P/N is 11024AA210 for the main oil gallory, I think thats the one under the alternator

Originally posted by toedrag
    You my need a NPT to BSPT adaptor plug for the sending unit. (the thread pattern is differant) The subaru P/N is 11024AA210 for the main oil gallory, I think thats the one under the alternator
    I just made new threads in my adapter with a tap set. Be extra careful cleaning it out before you install it though.
    Chris
    1999 Impreza RS - 12.096 @ 114.63
    2002 WRX - 12.602 @ 111.08
    1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 11 second scrap pile - SOLD