Gauge pod for CD player?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Gauge pod for CD player? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I wanna put my CD player in the place where the stock gauge pod is...you know in place of the ...

Gauge pod for CD player?

I wanna put my CD player in the place where the stock gauge pod is...you know in place of the clock. Can I just buy the stock gauge pod and fit the CD player there, or will I have to custom build a housing?
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump
    Fahd

The gauge pod is single DIN size. The 6 CD changer fits in a 2 DIN spot I believe. Not sure about the single CD, though.
    03 Subaru WRX Sonic Yellow
    "The Short Bus"
    Looks like ****, Goes like stink.

im pretty sure he means an aftermarket unit.

Originally posted by Anarchy
    im pretty sure he means an aftermarket unit.
    You are correct sir So that would fit then, right?
    Fahd

it looks like it would but i cant be sure as i havent ever done it. u want a fast answer e-mail the guy that sells the LCD thing on ebay and tell him ur planning on buying one but u need to know how to install the cd player up there.

edit: his screen name on here is mattjk just pm him or something.
    Last edited by Anarchy; 08-22-2003 at 11:19 AM.

Originally posted by Anarchy
    it looks like it would but i cant be sure as i havent ever done it. u want a fast answer e-mail the guy that sells the LCD thing on ebay and tell him ur planning on buying one but u need to know how to install the cd player up there.

edit: his screen name on here is mattjk just pm him or something.
    Many thanks
    Fahd

it will absolutely work. i did it in my '04 WRX. i liked the location, easy to read, all that. problems include difficulty reading the display in bright sunlight, and everyone (and his mother) seeing exactly what kind of radio you have, since it's above window sill level and on display for the world to see while you're driving. install isn't hard - you have to buy the gauge pack mount kit which can be found from $50-80 and will allow the mount.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

Originally posted by Lightning
    it will absolutely work. i did it in my '04 WRX. i liked the location, easy to read, all that. problems include difficulty reading the display in bright sunlight, and everyone (and his mother) seeing exactly what kind of radio you have, since it's above window sill level and on display for the world to see while you're driving. install isn't hard - you have to buy the gauge pack mount kit which can be found from $50-80 and will allow the mount.
    Thanks for the mini review Seth
    Fahd

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.