Which Boost Gauge?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Which Boost Gauge? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; tired of searching I'm considering a factory boost gauge (9) but that avo dash mount (9) looks really cool. are ...

Which Boost Gauge?

tired of searching I'm considering a factory boost gauge ($179) but that avo dash mount ($159) looks really cool. are there any others. don't have much time the mbc is on the way
    02 WRX BASE BOUGHT 8/12/03
    window tint, omori boost gauge w/hks pod, joep mbc (15psi) Kuhmo 712s(225/50), eibach springs, gutted up-pipe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Omori WRX look all the way. I put it in a gauge pod from SubieGal.

You can get the gauge from J-Spec Tuning. Best service EVAR!

You can get the pod from SubieGal or allsubaru.com

Here's a pic (but not with the Omori gauge):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picname1631307.jpg  
    - Scuzuliak

Another vote for the Omori WRX look guages.

I put them in an Autometer Bezel Pod. To anyone else, they look very close to stock.

I just started a webpage for my WRX mods. I've put up a half-assed tutorial on how to install the Omori electronic boost gauge. Thought you might find it helpful.

The only thing I'm missing is the most important: a picture of the gauge installed. How lame am I? That pic on the menu is my ghetto install before I got the pod (I couldn't wait). Once I get off my ass and take my digital camera with me, I'll add the pictures there.

And yes, my engine bay is dirty.
    - Scuzuliak

YOU GUYS ROCK

spent all night searching for that. Looks like I'll go with the 45mm and the hks pod Thanks again
    window tint, omori boost gauge w/hks pod, joep mbc (15psi) Kuhmo 712s(225/50), eibach springs, gutted up-pipe

I have the Defi-Link boost gauge, and i love it... very sharp looking.. bright, easy to read... very nice overall, maybe if it weren't so expensive it'd be even better, but oh well...

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Are you guys buying the electronic or mechanical boost gauges? Benefits to either?
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

I ordered the mechanical. Looked easier to install and cost less and should be more accurate

Originally posted by TOYCLOSER
    I ordered the mechanical. Looked easier to install and cost less and should be more accurate
    Both are pretty simple instalations. Also the electronic should be more accurate.
    I created my avatar.

Question

I'm a bit confused. The picture above shows the boost guage with a silver bezel, like the stock guages. Yet the picture of the omori guages on J-Spec's site doesn't show the guage with a silver bezel. I only ask because I need a boost guage and I want one with the silver bezel.
    Last edited by Rugger; 08-22-2003 at 02:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.