Custom radar detector install

This is a discussion on Custom radar detector install within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I got around to moving my radar detector above the mirror and hard-wiring it to the ACC line in the ...

Custom radar detector install

I got around to moving my radar detector above the mirror and hard-wiring it to the ACC line in the auto-dimming mirror cable. While I had everything apart, I decided to make one of the dome light switches turn on the detector, and i even used an LED from a spare power cable as an indication light for the detector when I have it in "dark" mode.

full install:
    http://www.ece.utexas.edu/~embleton/hardwire.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow, great detail. And nice work. Thanks for posting it.
    Mmmmm Kitty,,, the other red meat.

Please note: no cats were harmed in any way during the making of this post. But there is always later.

thats really cool, I had that idea the other day for my talon but it works on the dash so I am not gonna fiddle with it right now

radar

Way to go, I thought about hard wiring it on the left side but I have to admit I like it where you put it. I would most likely use a blue LED, hehe for the power. Nice one though.

Ski..