Clutch Makes Clicking Noise
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Clutch Makes Clicking Noise within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My clutch, when I press it, seems to randomly make a clicking noise. It doesn't do it everytime. Almost sounds ...

Clutch Makes Clicking Noise

My clutch, when I press it, seems to randomly make a clicking noise. It doesn't do it everytime. Almost sounds like plastic, but not sure what it is? Any ideas?
    2002 WRX

Still Stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm getting the same thing, i haven't had a chance to look into it though.

Mine is very random. Every time I am stopped to check it, it doesn't make the click noise. Hard to figure out what is happening if you can't see it.
    2002 WRX

Still Stock

Originally posted by spoggly
    Mine is very random. Every time I am stopped to check it, it doesn't make the click noise. Hard to figure out what is happening if you can't see it.
    Yea, sounds like it.

If it clicks until you press in the clutch..its the release bearing..other than that..dunno

I Support ClubWRX
    I agree. It sounds like you have a throw-out bearing issue.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Care to elaborate more?

The clicking is coming somewhere from the pedal assembly area. It's almost a plastic type clicking noise if that makes any sense. And it actually rarely occurs in comparisson to how often the clutch is used, but it is slightly annoying. The clutch feels fine though.
    2002 WRX

Still Stock

Sounds like the ever talked about funky clutch.
    Mine shudders click and make all kinds of noise.
    I say it is OK, mine has 26000 fairly hard miles and is still going.
    Shudders, Noise and all.
    The fix from subaru seems to be a weaker preassue plate and some sort of preassue release mechanise that slows the uptake.
    It will fix the annoyance but make for a weaker cutch overall.

That is what i gather and is no means accurate.

I Support ClubWRX
    We may be talking about different things here:

- A clack or click or creak or some other weird noise coming from the *pedal* itself when your foot moves the clutch pedal is common. I've no clue why mine clacked, nor why it stopped. I even mentioned it to my dealer, who is excellent, but no luck. Went away on its own.

- A rattle, rhythmic click, or metallic sound present when the clutch pedal is *up* (clutch engaged) that goes away when the pedal is pushed down (clutch disengaged) is a classic sign of a worn throw-out bearing.

It, um, sounds like I jumped the gun on the throw out bearing comment I made ealier though; this is probably the phantom pedal clanking nobody can figure out.

SD
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

It's from inside for sure, not a mechanical problem, but irritating. Clutch feels just fine.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.