desperately need help with kartboy shifter

This is a discussion on desperately need help with kartboy shifter within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just attempted to install the kartboy short shifter in my car. The stock shifter came out easily but I've ...

Thumbs down desperately need help with kartboy shifter

i just attempted to install the kartboy short shifter in my car. The stock shifter came out easily but I've been unable to get the kartboy into the socket. I've tried hammering it, as well as connecting the linkage and then pulling/pushing the shifter. I've heard of people having trouble putting the ball into the socket, but i had no idea it was this difficult. Can anybody explain exactly the method more pulling the shifter back into place when the linkage is attached?
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

since I just did this...

assemble linkage with shifter in the correct position, make sure ball is greased and seated in the socket. pull back and push down, it should pop in. elbow grease helps (use a controlled forceful motion).

you can do it... I did

-tp

here's the thread I read which helped
    Last edited by Teep; 08-13-2003 at 05:56 PM.

Put a piece of wood over the top of the lever and smack it with a hammer.

I'm not kidding.

X

thanks for the help guys. turns out, i didn't really have a great hammer to do the job so i went out to get a rubber mallet which ended up working perfectly.

Okay, now that i got it installed. Call me crazy but the rubber studs underneath the metal plate do not match up when you rotate the plate 180 degrees so i can't get the plate all the way flush with the rubber seal thing.
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

I snipped 1 stub which was to the right of the shifter. The others on the top/bottom should fit into place. Of course I had to bend the metal tabs up to fit them in their new location.

-tp