amp protection light
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on amp protection light within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; sup guys, im haveing some issues with my system. since last night, everytime i turn it up past half way ...

amp protection light

sup guys, im haveing some issues with my system. since last night, everytime i turn it up past half way my amp protection light comes on and my subs stop hitting. im wondering what could cause the protection light to come on. my amp has shut itself down cuz of heat before, but this happened again this morning when i turned on the car and the amp was not hot at all. all the wiring and connections on the amp and subs seems to be fine. do u guys think my amp is toast or could it be something else? o ya, and right when i turn the volume back down the amp protection light turns off and everything starts working again. and my system has been running fine for over a year now, till this.
    thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Improper grounding?

Are you running line level or speaker level into the amp?

speaker level

bambams247
    id take it back to the place where you got it and have them take a look at it, looks like the amp is freaking out.

Is it a Sony ? If it IS a Sony then read further ! I work in car audio and they come back alllllll the time because of this . If your subs are not blown and your wires are fine then bring it back . It is defective !!!!!! Also , on the older sony amps they labbeled the + and - wrong on one of the two outputs . This causes the one of the subs to be out of phase and will also trigger the protection light and your system will sound horrible ! Just my 2 cents . Good luck !
    2004 STI ----- 11.66 @ 125.66 w/ 1.9 60' ----- 537HP/487TQ ----- 93 Octane/Water Injection
    WWW.F1DYNO.COM

bambams247
    Originally posted by dizastical
    Is it a Sony ? If it IS a Sony then read further ! I work in car audio and they come back alllllll the time because of this . If your subs are not blown and your wires are fine then bring it back . It is defective !!!!!! Also , on the older sony amps they labbeled the + and - wrong on one of the two outputs . This causes the one of the subs to be out of phase and will also trigger the protection light and your system will sound horrible ! Just my 2 cents . Good luck !
    Never heard of that...we carry sony amps (barely sell any IMO they are POS so I stick to Alpine) but thats a good 2 cents...thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.