Grounding oil pressure sender

This is a discussion on Grounding oil pressure sender within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'd like to mount my oil pressure sender remotely, but I only have nylon tubing immediately available. If I used ...

Grounding oil pressure sender

I'd like to mount my oil pressure sender remotely, but I only have nylon tubing immediately available. If I used that obviously the sender won't be grounded on the block but if I used a metal bracket to attach the sender to the chassis will the unit be properly grounded?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Grounding oil pressure sender

Originally posted by 04blkWRX
    I'd like to mount my oil pressure sender remotely, but I only have nylon tubing immediately available. If I used that obviously the sender won't be grounded on the block but if I used a metal bracket to attach the sender to the chassis will the unit be properly grounded?
    Should be fine, but you may want to run a ground wire for reliability.

-Jim

If I were to run an extra ground do I just solder it to the housing of the sender or something?

Mine is mounted remotely, and attached to the block with the metal bracket and it works fine. Some senders (made for boats I believe) have an attachment for a ground wire, but mine didn't. Good luck, that install can be a PITA.