speaker whine - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on speaker whine within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well, went down to radio shack today, bought a GL isolator, and no luck. it's still whining. only from the ...

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    well, went down to radio shack today, bought a GL isolator, and no luck. it's still whining. only from the right (red) RCA cable. if i switch it, the noise goes to the left speaker. would this be an indicator of a bad cable? or something else?
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bambams247
    Make sure the wire isnt pinched anywhere (best way to check this is grab a set of long rcas, dont ahve to be mosnter or anything, jstu ranom rcas, and run those from your head unit to the amp to make sure its not the rcas.

your right RCA behind the deck could be "touching" something behind the dash. Also, might be a problem with the deck itself. I would try the RCA outside the car route.
    "Failure is only an option for those who try".

Originally posted by slvrtsunami
    your right RCA behind the deck could be "touching" something behind the dash. Also, might be a problem with the deck itself. I would try the RCA outside the car route.
    im gonna see if plugging the RCA's in behind the HU will do anything. it only whines sometimes. other times, it's quiet, maybe it's rattling and hitting something. thanks tsunami
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

no problem. Used to deal with these issues a while back. This was before the days of high voltage decks. Hope it helps...

bambams247
    Are you still getting the whine? WOW! It has been a while since this thread started.

Wink

its only been about a month. I am assuming that since nothing has been posted, the problem was fixed!!! at least I hope.
    This is a little off topic, but bambam, shame on you!!!!! how dare you do a surprise paypal donation for an SRT-4!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bambams247
    Originally posted by slvrtsunami
    its only been about a month. I am assuming that since nothing has been posted, the problem was fixed!!! at least I hope.
    This is a little off topic, but bambam, shame on you!!!!! how dare you do a surprise paypal donation for an SRT-4!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, i wasthinking of trading in for a WRX, but its a little too expensive, the srt-4 has more wheel horsepower stock, and usprisngly it can handle. I test drove the WRX and like it, then I jsut stoped by dodge dealership and suprisngly they had one, so I had to take it out. Its too much too handle! lol. Sorry guys.

no, i haven't fixed the problem yet, i'm one lazy SOB. i'm living with it for now until i decide to take an hour to get down to it. i'll keep it posted when i find out the deal
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

bumping an OLD thread for my NEW problem. anyways i'm gonna take the advice here and look into it. this was helpful to me and probably will be to others...
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.